• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sick Bullpen?

Chuck

I mean seriously, our bullpen is pretty sick whether you thought we gave up too much to get Street or not. Let's keep focused on that in this thread (not the prospects we gave up).

For the first time since the days of Percival, K-Rod, Shields, Donkey and Weber we can boast one of the best bullpens in the big leagues.

Street, Smith, Grilli, Jepsen, Morin, Thatcher (loogy) and Rasmus (or Salas) for mop up duty. #SICK

One of our biggest voids has been filled, already boasting a top offense and top 10 starting rotation.

I'm not so sure about the rotation....lots of questions there....the bullpen is so loaded now that I'd consider packaging Jepsen for a starter....we've emptied the farm so any trade would about have to be from the major league roster....I'd consider Jepsen, Green, maybe Cron in the right deal for a starter....

We have an excellent bullpen now. But, Scioscia must use it correctly.

Last night, after Weaver got out of the bases loaded jam in the 6th, he should not have gone out in the 7th. He walked 2 batters in that inning and was already above the 100 pitch mark. Not to mention, he had an issue with his back a couple of starts ago. He pulls him and the team wins in 9 instead of playing 7 more innings.

We have an excellent bullpen now. But, Scioscia must use it correctly.

Last night, after Weaver got out of the bases loaded jam in the 6th, he should not have gone out in the 7th. He walked 2 batters in that inning and was already above the 100 pitch mark. Not to mention, he had an issue with his back a couple of starts ago. He pulls him and the team wins in 9 instead of playing 7 more innings.

As much as I dislike the knee-jerk "fire Scioscia" type of reactions...yeah.  I was listening to that part of the game on the radio and Langston was questioning why Weaver was back out there, why somebody wasn't ready in the pen, and why Weaver was kept in after the first batter.  

Thats one thing I really like about langston. He has no problem calling our own team out and doesnt sugar coat it much. I know he and terry srent the most 'exciting' duo, but I like them.

The other thing I like about langston is that he looked like himself before grienke growijg his hair out this year and trying to look like him

Street, Smith, Jepsen, Grilli, Morin, Salas, Thatcher with Rasmus in reserve, that's darn impressive!  Especially when you consider the starters just have to concentrate on getting through five innings each night.  It really helps the starters more than anything, especially as the innings pile up on their arms.

Edited by tomsred

As much as I dislike the knee-jerk "fire Scioscia" type of reactions...yeah.  I was listening to that part of the game on the radio and Langston was questioning why Weaver was back out there, why somebody wasn't ready in the pen, and why Weaver was kept in after the first batter.  

My brother and I were at the game and asking the same questions.

The good news is, our starters now only have to last 3 innings.

9th inning - Street

8th inning - Smith

7th inning - Morin

6th inning - Jepsen

5th inning - Grilli

4th inning - Thacher

Guess that's the answer when you have a sucky CJ Wilson and an unproven Santiago and Skaggs down the home stretch.

You must be a you know what at you know wheres.