• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Oakland response to Street

We are still a wild card team and we still are facing Felix in the one game coin flip. Meanwhile, our farm got exponentially weaker, as did our trade bait, and we are going to have to rely on the FA market again next season to improve this team.

I hope I'm wrong and this gets bumped in October.

Last time we faced Seattle in a one game playoff against one of the best pitchers in baseball it didn't end well.

I keep saying Beane and Melvin are warlocks but nobody believes me.

"Orioles closer Zach Britton hadn’t allowed a run over his previous 10 outings heading into the ninth inning of Friday night’s series opener against the Oakland Athletics, converting six straight save opportunities along the way."

We are still a wild card team and we still are facing Felix in the one game coin flip. Meanwhile, our farm got exponentially weaker, as did our trade bait, and we are going to have to rely on the FA market again next season to improve this team.

I hope I'm wrong and this gets bumped in October.

Can you tell me where Lindsey and Rondon would play next year?  Alvarez, also.  Dipoto has MIFs in his farm system and now we have a very nice pitching staff and BP.  I have no problem with this trade at all.  Lindsey, Rondon and Alvarez were trade pieces and Dipoto did just that.

im sorry but all those who say we are still a WC team, are idiots.

There is ample time left in the season, we are 1 1/2 out, second best record in the league, and there is a giant possibility that we can overtake the As.  Giving up and assuming we have not bettered our status is just silly

If we had any bullpen at all in the first 2 months of the season we are in first, not second, regardless of how lucky the As have been.

its just ludicrous to assume we are not in the mix for the division title and more

Edited by floplag

Nobody knows who we are facing in a one game wildcard.  It won't just automatically be Felix, it depends on how the end of the season plays out and how close the race is for the second wildcard.  

Everyone is also assuming that Seattle will actually get the second wild card. It could easily be Kansas City or Toronto, or even some other team.

Can you tell me where Lindsey and Rondon would play next year?  Alvarez, also.  Dipoto has MIFs in his farm system and now we have a very nice pitching staff and BP.  I have no problem with this trade at all.  Lindsey, Rondon and Alvarez were trade pieces and Dipoto did just that.

Exactly. You have to give a lot in order to get a lot. Huston Street IS a lot, an elite closer. The Padres weren't just going to give him away.

Everyone is also assuming that Seattle will actually get the second wild card. It could easily be Kansas City or Toronto, or even some other team.

Exactly. There are four teams 2.5 back of SEA. Even if they lock up the second WC spot, what are the chances Felix starts that game. And if he does, he still has to pitch well and his team has to score runs.

I get the standings on several sites. they all tell me that the Angels win more than 60% of the time these days. More than any team the might face in a wild card playoff.

Uhh, that's 60% versus ALL teams, not the specific team they would play in a one game playoff. Not against King Felix & the M's specifically...

I doubt Vogt goes anywhere. I think Frieman is more likely to get sent down. He's not hitting. Plus, he's the one who took Reddick's spot to begin with.

Or, he could go to the Cardinals. I hear that they may be looking for catchers.

Uhh, that's 60% versus ALL teams, not the specific team they would play in a one game playoff. Not against King Felix & the M's specifically...

I revised it up to 69% but you stay hidden behind mama's skirt and we'll let you know when the danger passes. The lowest winning percentage in major league baseball resides in the visitor's dugout at the Big A.