• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stuart Scott (1965-2015)

The only reason why I watch the ESPY's are for these type of speeches. They had a great progression throughout the show for the special recognition awards. Josh Sweeney with the Pat Tilman Award for losing his legs in Iraq only to go on and win a Gold Medal in the Special Olympics. Then Michael Sam with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award. Hearing him talk about saving a gay woman from committing suicide was inspirational. He fully understands the impact he has on people and the responsible on his shoulders. But Stuart Scott's speech for winning the Jimmy V award was the best of the night. I had no idea his cancer was so progressive. I would be lying if I said I didn't choke up during his speech. I've always respected him as a sportscaster, but now even great as a person...a father. Eff Cancer!

That was a great speech. I guess I don't ever watch SportsCenter because I had no idea he had cancer. I was fortunate enough to attend the ESPY's a couple of years ago, and it was incredible. Say what you will about ESPN and all their nonsense, the ESPY's are great if for no other reason than moments like this speech and the fact that it raises awareness for cancer while celebrating sport.

Good speech. I was never a Scott or ESPN fan but as a father of two angels of my own and a human in general I can relate to the fight not to leave them. I wish him the best and I hope he is able to keep doing sports reports I'll never watch for many years to come.

• 5 months later...

He took ESPN and SportsCenter in a different direction, and opened it up to an audience who felt left out of the discussion for a long time. I enjoyed his work and his perspective. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. RIP Stuart. Always as cool as the other side of the pillow.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan