• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

My Recent Trip to Fenway

ABC

I was pretty suprised the first few times I visited the hallowed east coast stadiums, where the fans are so much more die hard than us...

......and watched them come late and bounce early when the angels were winning...

The media makes people think certain myths are true. At least in my experience, it wasnt like that

I was pretty suprised the first few times I visited the hallowed east coast stadiums, where the fans are so much more die hard than us...

......and watched them come late and bounce early when the angels were winning...

The media makes people think certain myths are true. At least in my experience, it wasnt like that

Being a loud, opinionated, ignorant, mob = "diehard fan" to most people living on the East Coast.   Chris Russo is the poster boy for NYC fans.   Their response to any sort of debate is to talk louder.    As far as Fenway goes, it's been a while but that place was designed with midgets in mind and reeks of urine.  I'm assuming Henry and company have improved the place since they took over.  The fans in the park aren't awful, the fans in every pub near the park are insufferable.

Edited by Inside Pitch

The park is great and they've really improved the area around it. My dad told me that when he went back there for the '86 ALCS he feared for his life walking from Fenway to his car. Now there is a lot more college housing in the area and it has a safer feel to it.

Love the city, love the park, have no problem with most of the fans...except the guy that spilled beer on me at the Patriot's Day Yankees/Red Sox game in 2004.

I think I would actually like living there about 8 months a year.

Married a transplanted Chowd who was actually at Game 4 of the '04 World Series in St Louis. I think, like most transplanted Sox fans, she follows the game, but there has definitely been a distinct difference between this year and last. And like most Sox fans who achieved adulthood long before 2004, she's always hopeful, but is also always waiting for the other shoe to stomp on her beloved team.

It's interesting to observe the highs and lows. Might even be as interesting as the highs and lows of being an Angel fan.

I visited Fenway back on Sept 1, 2001. Yankees were in town. Got to the park about 30 minutes before the game. Place was already almost full. Took my buddy that lives in Weymouth but he isn't much of a baseball guy..he is all Patriots. Our seats were in right-center field not too far behind the bullpen. Pedro was pitching that day and it was his first start back after a stint on the DL. After warming up in the bullpen, he's walking on the field towards the dugout and the whole place stood up and give him an ovation. Was pretty cool to see actually. Didn't see any fights in the stands even though there were plenty of Yankees fans there. Was a good game. Looking back I wish I would have walked around the park to see the whole thing.