• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Del Mar Opening Day tips, especially re: traffic

I am having a mid-week shenanigan tomorrow, going to my first Del Mar Opening Day.

I imagine traffic/freeway exit is a kick to the crotch.  Anyone have any tips as far as arrival time?

Merci (French).

ps:  This should have a bit of a Miami Vice vibe.  Miami Vice threat level:  8.  Reminds me of the episode "Little Prince."

Only time I went to Del Mar, with some AW.com peeps, I used the train.  It was super easy except for the train being delayed due to Comiccon opening on that same weekend.  

If you do take the train, they have buses at the station waiting to take you to the track.  So it makes it super easy.  On the way back, you get on the bus, and it takes you right back to the station.  

Oh, and Downing, as for betting.  Bet  on horses that have done well at Del mar in the past.  Regardless of how poorly they are doing now.  Del Mar is a funky track for horses.

Take the train dude. Free shuttle to the gate from the station. 

If you drive, aim for 90 minutes early. 

I've done opening day a few times. Lot of fun. Should be a lot of good payouts. Del Mar is a great betting meet. 

Thanks.  I have to drive for assorted reasons and am planning to leave around 11 which should get me down there about noon or so.  With first post at 2pm, it should allow for plenty of time.  THough, I'm still planning on back-up.

I appreciate the betting tip re:  previous Del Mar winners.  Any other tips?

Look for horses bred by Unusual Heat. Unusual Heat had massive lungs and his children tend to do well at Del Mar, where the air is a bit thicker due to its proximity to the Ocean. Past Del Mar winners also tend to do well. 

Don't take less than 3-1 on any horse. 

Well, I didn't lose money.  Hit a ton of traffic as expected.  Saw some of the slutiest 'dresses' I've ever seen.  The mood turned about the 5th race when the drinkers got boisterous and directionless in their walking.

And I got in the wrong line before the first race as evidenced when two selfish chicks decided to place bets for all the races at once.  And with about 2 minutes to post time.  The track lifers were not happy about it and let them know it. 

I made $6.60 today. 

Not losing is the key with the ponies.

There is a place to eat/bar next to the train station. I like to park there, pre-game, take the free shuttle over and back, post-game. There's a good pizza joint close, as well.

Sluts that focus more on outdoing each other with stupid hats is awesome.

DR, did you dress normal or did you break out the Reebok Pumps or fanny pack to fit in?

race 1 wide open.  could be anyone

race 2 - indifferent.  long shot #2 - could be a daymaker bet

race 3 - wide open.  like #4 on top, but 6, 11, 12 also look good

race 4 - like the #1 on top.  2, 4 under

race 5 - wide open.  3, 5, 6 with a 2 as the long shot

race 6 - 5 Caracortado is one of my favorite horses, but he layoff is a concern.  2, 8 second choice 6 maybe

race 7 - wide open.  2, 4, 7

race 8 - 3 looks good.  

Unusual heat horses

race 3  #1, 4, 7, 14

race 8 #3, 5, 7, 8, 9

race 1 wide open.  could be anyone

race 2 - indifferent.  long shot #2 - could be a daymaker bet

race 3 - wide open.  like #4 on top, but 6, 11, 12 also look good

race 4 - like the #1 on top.  2, 4 under

race 5 - wide open.  3, 5, 6 with a 2 as the long shot

race 6 - 5 Caracortado is one of my favorite horses, but he layoff is a concern.  2, 8 second choice 6 maybe

race 7 - wide open.  2, 4, 7

race 8 - 3 looks good.  

Unusual heat horses

race 3  #1, 4, 7, 14

race 8 #3, 5, 7, 8, 9

how do yo know all of this stuff?