• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will the Angels

We aren't getting a starter, so we ought to try and mimic the 2002 team as best we can. Come post season time we will want to pull each of these starting pitchers when they get into trouble in the mid innings, and we need to have as many quality arms coming out of the pen as possible to do that.

They won't be the 2002 pen, but hey, this lineup is looking a lot better than that team's.

We aren't getting a starter, so we ought to try and mimic the 2002 team as best we can. Come post season time we will want to pull each of these starting pitchers when they get into trouble in the mid innings, and we need to have as many quality arms coming out of the pen as possible to do that.

They won't be the 2002 pen, but hey, this lineup is looking a lot better than that team's.

So if we are really going to mimic the 2002, let's not cave to outside pressure and trade for the established closer (Antonio Alfonseca).  Wait on the young guys and call them up.  That's exactly what the did team in 2002.

So if we are really going to mimic the 2002, let's not cave to outside pressure and trade for the established closer (Antonio Alfonseca). Wait on the young guys and call them up. That's exactly what the did team in 2002.

is that your vote IP, to stand pat?

Personally, if bedrock had made a better showing id be for it. I still think he has a bright future. But im not sure he will have it this year.

If santiago was more dependable and shoe was our 6th man (not to mention cj not being a ?), id be ok w our staff, too.

As we stand, id like to grab another SP. Since that doesnt seem likely, id like to pick up a plus bullpen arm

is that your vote IP, to stand pat?

Personally, if bedrock had made a better showing id be for it. I still think he has a bright future. But im not sure he will have it this year.

If santiago was more dependable and shoe was our 6th man (not to mention cj not being a ?), id be ok w our staff, too.

As we stand, id like to grab another SP. Since that doesnt seem likely, id like to pick up a plus bullpen arm

Meh, not trying to be wishy washy but deadline isn't for a couple weeks...   I'd wait a bit longer before making a move.   I wouldn't mind getting a look at Danny Reynolds or RJ Alvarez before trading for a closer.  I'd also like to have Sean Newcomb signed before moving another prospect.  There are guys I don't want to see moved... like Nate Smith -- at the same time I'd lose zero sleep if we moved Lindsey or Cowart.