• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will the Angels

I'm guessing Street will be an Angel by the end of the weekend, and they will look at other starters, but it's hard to see where there would be a match unless Amaro realizes that he needs to get rid of salaries and trades either Lee or Hamels (or both) for salary relief.

I actually like the way the pen is set up right now. Grilli and Smith 8/9 has been solid and I like Rasmus as the long man with Jepsen in the 7th. Salas is the only guy I don't trust right now out of the pen but I don't feel that we need to replace him with Street badly enough to give up solid minor leaguers. If anything I would go after a second lefty but I say stand pat

Edited by SigBaby

Haven't we learned anything from these type of rumors?  They rarely materialize the way they're reported. Reporters/bloggers link us with player 'A' and out of the blue we get player 'W'. I say we get someone maybe we've heard of, but has never been linked to a trade with the Angels.

Agreed, I think many GMs use media rumors to gain leverage on other deals we don't know about.

Street seems to be the likely target. I don't see why they need to wait for the deadline - they could use him ASAP.

who says it's the Angels holding things up?  The Padres are most likely waiting to see what other deals materialize.  Still a lot of teams deciding whether or not they're in the race.

personally, i dont get why Street.  Smith has done great isnce getting the job and i would much prefer to shorten games with a lock down 7-8th inning type guy for a lot less in trade over getting and paying for a guy like street

I guess street is better than benoit, stat wise similar and similar payroll,  though benoit is 6 years older so i guess street is the better of the 2, but 7 mil?

I like the idea of Street because it's not a three month rental. Street also allows the Angels to bring Smith into games during high leverage situations in the 7th and 8th innings.

That's the idea.

I forgot what a bullpen with depth looks like.

Here's my scenario where I want flexibility with Smith. It's the 7th inning and either the starter or the first guy out of the pen gives up a bloop single and a walk and we have a one run lead. It's time to change pitcher, who do you trust? Or same scenario but with one out and you need a double play. The answer every day of the week is Smith.

Is the difference between Jepsen(the way he's been pitching lately)/Morin in the 7th vs. Smith large enough to give up solid minor leaguers for Street? I like what we have now with Thatcher/Morin/Jepsen matching up in the 6th and 7th innings. Salas could be upgraded but I don't think it's worth giving up anything of worth for

I like the idea of Street because it's not a three month rental. Street also allows the Angels to bring Smith into games during high leverage situations in the 7th and 8th innings.

You must not checked Smith's stat in Inherited runner situation, he had allowed 10 of the 12 inherited runners to score with 4 BLSV,  he pitches much better in 9th than 7th or 8th.

Here's my scenario where I want flexibility with Smith. It's the 7th inning and either the starter or the first guy out of the pen gives up a bloop single and a walk and we have a one run lead. It's time to change pitcher, who do you trust? Or same scenario but with one out and you need a double play. The answer every day of the week is Smith.

Base on stats, Morin is the guy you want, only allowed 3 of the 19 inherited runners to score, best on the team.

Very good point in morin vs smith

That said, morin is still an unknown. And if hes the only guy trustable there....

Id almost prefer to get a SP, but I like the idea of adding to bullpen depth. Good (not superstar) SP with great offense and phenom bullpen was the formula in 2002. And since we cant (right now) have our SP staff built like the mod to late 2000's teams, its probably the best case scenario. Like chuck said, street becomes percy and smith bexomes shields....would be awesome if bedrock can become franky (without the douche factor) and morin our donnelly.