• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Let's be honest, folks

AJ with a Nate post.  Hasn't this been posted about ten times in the last two days?

I agree though, this season has been amazing so far.  1.5 games back and second best record in MLB!

Anyone else notice that three of the top five records in MLB are in the AL West?  I knew that Seattle would be better but they have been great.  Big series coming up against them.  Hope the ASB doesn't kill the Angels momentum.

Should Sosh still be fired?????

If he keeps this coaching staff together I am fine.

Is it a coincidence that Dipoto got Scioscia to change his pre season routines, totally revamped the pro scouting department and brought in Desar (a MiLB manager of the year) and Baylor and now the team is dominant.

Do you ever watch any other team?

Come on now. You and I both know it was a ridiculous decision to call for a bunt there. Over a team that we're absolutely dominating, late in the game with a 3-run lead and a runner on second with no outs. Not to mention our bullpen has been lock-down nasty over the past ten days or so.

Why bunt there?? Doesn't make any sense.

No, it wasn't ridiculous. Bunting is just a part of the game. What was ridiculous was Washington put a guy out there with no control of his 95mph pitches and nearly got Trout hit as well. The Rangers are so depleted they are now endangering other teams with players that are not ready for a MLB role.

Yeah, CLEARLY questioning or not questioning that decision is a function of whether you "know baseball" well enough or not.

Bunting a runner from 2nd to 3rd when you already have a 3 run lead is dumb. Sorry.

No it isn't. You bunt to get him to third with one out with the top of the line up coming up, it is common place. Just because you say it is doesn't make it so. Like Eric said, bunting is part of the game, maybe a part that is slowly being taken out of the game, but it is still a strategic move. You can disagree with the move but it certainly isn't dumb.

Yeah, CLEARLY questioning or not questioning that decision is a function of whether you "know baseball" well enough or not.

Bunting a runner from 2nd to 3rd when you already have a 3 run lead is dumb. Sorry.

Do you remember that this bullpen can blow up at any minute? Do you remember what Texas did three times to us last year? Do you remember what has happened to us in the ninth innings of games this season alone?

No it isn't. You bunt to get him to third with one out with the top of the line up coming up, it is common place. Just because you say it is doesn't make it so. Like Eric said, bunting is part of the game, maybe a part that is slowly being taken out of the game, but it is still a strategic move. You can disagree with the move but it certainly isn't dumb.

Huh?

Yes, it's commonplace in baseball. It's a strategic move that managers use a lot more than actually makes sense to.

And I'm not seeing the ACTUAL distinction you're trying to make between disagreeing with a move and believing that is an illogical strategical decision and saying it was a dumb move. Seems like semantics to me.

No, it wasn't ridiculous. Bunting is just a part of the game. What was ridiculous was Washington put a guy out there with no control of his 95mph pitches and nearly got Trout hit as well. The Rangers are so depleted they are now endangering other teams with players that are not ready for a MLB role.

jfc, you're still beating that drum?

New Idea: Every time a pitcher hits a batter and injures that batter, the manager should be flogged in the town square.

Yeah, that bunt was a terrible call. Cowgill can get the guy over by hitting the ball to the right side, and there's a much higher chance he gets a hit than if he bunts. You're barely, if at all, increasing the chance of scoring 1 run, while significantly reducing the chance of scoring 2 or more.

Bunting is a part of the game that has almost no place in optimal strategy, like punting in football. It's a part of the game that needs to be forgotten. Scioscia has gotten a lot better about it. Now he just needs to follow suit with the contact play (which has no place above high school).

Not sure I would agree with any of this.