• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Israel vs. Palestine

Is there anything keeping Israel from running armed drones 24/7 to counteract the rocket attacks? Would think they would have quick strike capabities once they saw Hamas set up for rocket strikes

well they fire in densley located areas using women and children as human shields, so no, that wouldn't work. Edited by Poozy

Defend itself... which does not include invasion of others.

they have blocked what 90% of the missile or rockets that have been fired... they have kept the border secure, they have done everything right, up till they roll tanks into other sovereign lands.

This entire fight was started over them wanting their own lands, how is invading others a positive step?

Yes, it means taking hits... yes, it means some pain... but it also means they do have the higher moral ground they are claiming.

I have no issue with supporting them in that regard, but i cannot support them invading others in this manner. If they knew exactly where the rockets were and who fired them, maybe, fine, but they dont. Again did we learn nothing from Iraq WMD.

Let the cowardice of those firing them speak for itself and stop the constant tit for tat.

LOL

So they couldn't track them, the way we do in Iraq and Afghanistan? And then hit them when they're not using human shields? Or do they have the women and children strapped on 24/7?

i don't see how they could do that. What they have been doing is locating where the missiles and rockets are being stored and warning the civilians 15 minutes ahead of time when they are going to airstrike a location.

Do you even understand what war is? Seriously I don't think you do.

Israel is a tiny country the size of new jersey surrounded by hundreds of millions of enemies. They are doing what they feel is best for them. You have no idea what they have to deal with on a daily basis. 

You are basically saying Israel should do nothing in response. 

no, im not what im saying is stop telling me its defensive or that there is some higher moral ground.

it is war, thats fine, but stop hiding the bull

So basically, in order to defend itself many of you are ok with them basically taking out Gaza and everyone there whether they are Hamas, or not, on the basis that Hamas in all their cowardice is using these people as shields so Israel should have the right to blow thru those shields and that collateral damage is acceptable?  
that about sum it up? 

i wonder where those same people were on US drone strikes?

They aren't taking out Gaza.

They don't treat Palestinians as second rate citizens.  This is one of the most infuriating things I ever hear.  If you go to Jerusalem or any other major Israeli city, you see just as many Palestinians as you do Israelis.

Sorry but I don't feel bad for people that elect a terrorist to run their government and do nothing to help their own people.  They are too occupied with attacking Israel.

ok, this has now become pointless.. its is completely clear that many of you feel Israel has no accountability in anything they do, therefore the debate is over as far as im concerned.

But have you considered allowing them to defend their country?

have i not said exactly that?

we differ in what the word should mean or if there are any limits to that definition.

my issue with your argument is the fact that you are making things up. I would understand if it was a difference in opinion, but you are basically lying about what Israel is actually doing and you refuse to admit to being wrong after be corrected and called out multiple times.

Israel is not flatening gaza or targetting civilians, so you need to stop lying to make your biased argumet seem valid.

It would be like me saying Mike trout sucks because he has no power and is slow. Sure I can think he sucks, but my reasoning for thinking this makes my argument invalid.

Edited by Poozy

So they couldn't track them, the way we do in Iraq and Afghanistan? And then hit them when they're not using human shields? Or do they have the women and children strapped on 24/7?

You do realize the US has killed far more civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan than Israel has killed people in Gaza since the start of the Iraq war? It just doesn't garner the attention that it does when Israelis do it. According to the Iraq body count project the number is 113,000+ in Iraq alone in the 8 years the US was there. 

Edited by eaterfan

You do realize the US has killed far more civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan than Israel has killed people in Gaza since the start of the Iraq war? It just doesn't garner the attention that it does when Israelis do it. According to the Iraq body count project the number is 113,000+ in Iraq alone in the 8 years the US was there.

Which is why both the United States and Israel are so highly regarded around the world. Everyone loves us.

I believe its actually twice that many

Israel hasn't done themselves any humanitarian favors by treating the Palestinians in the region like second class citizens. Both sides have committed great atrocities.

Exactly, put things in the proper context and one might be able to understand where both sides are coming from. Someone earlier in this thread said that hate only comes from one side? That's one of the silliest things I've read here. There's probably more hate on the Palestinian side but it's not as if we don't know where that hate originated from and how it continues to affect their standard of living. I imagine life as a refugee isn't all it's cracked up to be. Obviously that's not to say that the Palestinians haven't gone way too far at times but don't you think there's good reason why the rest of the world doesn't view a number of Israelis' military actions in a positive light? Convenient that we as their only ally are often times the only ones who are backing them.

So basically, in order to defend itself many of you are ok with them basically taking out Gaza and everyone there whether they are Hamas, or not, on the basis that Hamas in all their cowardice is using these people as shields so Israel should have the right to blow thru those shields and that collateral damage is acceptable?  

that about sum it up? 

i wonder where those same people were on US drone strikes?

all of this would end tomorrow if the fine people in hamas would stop trying to kill israelis.

palestinians wanted land in israel and the got it. for some reason, it hasn't been enough for them to stop trying to destroy everyone from israel.

if hamas is going to indiscriminately fire rockets into israel and then hide behind their own citizens, they shouldn't expect the israelis to play by a different set of rules of politeness.

ok, this has now become pointless.. its is completely clear that many of you feel Israel has no accountability in anything they do, therefore the debate is over as far as im concerned.

the israelis could always resort to shooting fernando rodney bows and arrows at them.

all of this would end tomorrow if the fine people in hamas would stop trying to kill israelis.

palestinians wanted land in israel and the got it. for some reason, it hasn't been enough for them to stop trying to destroy everyone from israel.

if hamas is going to indiscriminately fire rockets into israel and then hide behind their own citizens, they shouldn't expect the israelis to play by a different set of rules of politeness.

Guys, you seem to think im defending Hamas, i am 100% not.  No group or nation whose sole purpoise is  to eradicate another is acceptable.

Israel has EVERY right to defend itself, no question.

I just don't feel that invading Gaza is a defensive posture, its that simple. 

I get all the reasons, i know what Hamas is doing in all their cowardice, but lets call it what it is, an offensive to take out the threat. 

And can we not pretend that there are many people in Gaza who are not Hamas who are likely to be hurt or killed as part of this .

Thats it.. thats all im saying.