• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels; 2nd Best Record in Baseball

ABC

Because the best team on paper doesn't necessarily win. If look position to position you could argue 2014 is a better team. 2014 has better starting pitching. Relief I am still going with 2002. Outfield: you could argue that Calhoun, Trout, and Hamilton is better than Salmon, Erstad, and Anderson.

Pujols is better than Spiezio. Kendrick better than Kennedy, Glaus would definitely be better than Freese. Aybar is better than Eckstein. Molina clearly better than Ianetta.

2002 was clicking on all cylinders and no major losses to injuries.

Well speaking as the 2002 team won the WS, I don't know how that can be said quite yet.

Edited by stormngt

If i am not mistaken...i thought the 2002 rotation wasn't very good.

Better than 02? Not sure about that. The offense, yes, but the starting pitching in the regular season in 02 is better than what we have now. 4 out of the 6 starters used have an ERA above 4.15 while in 02 4 of the main starters had ERA's in the 3's.

Comparing the starting rotation:

Richard I believe is better than Washburn. No doubt he is having a better year.

Weaver even having slightly below part year is better than Appier.

Lackey was a rookie and looks better than Wilson but that is only because Wilson has lost it for five starts. He gets back to his norm and I would argue he is better than Lackey.

Skaggs v. Ortiz who had a career year would be a lot tougher. I love Skaggs but would have to give the edge to Ortiz. I believe Skaggs will be better but not this year. And I would take Shoemaker and Santiago than Sele that year.