• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout and Pujols contribute to auction for Dallas area/Rangers reporter

I don't know if you guys have heard about this but i figured i would pass it along.I tried going back a few pages to see if it's been posted and i didn't see it so i apologize if this has been posted already. I saw on twitter that Albert Pujols and Mike Trout have contributed to "Do It For Durrett" a benefit/concert/auction that is being held in September to raise money for Richard Durrett's wife, child and his future child as his wife is currently pregnant after he expectantly passed away. Many players/coaches and Hall of Famers from across the league have signed bats, balls, jerseys etc. A lot of other sports have contributed such as Dirk and the Mavericks, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Tony Stewart of Nascar, the Cowboys, Stars, TCU football and Texas A&M football. Anyways, Mike Trout signed a copy of his Sports Illustrated and Albert Pujols signed his 500th homerun ticket as well as his copy of his Sports Illustrated. I'm a little surprised Josh Hamilton didn't contribute since he sent out a tweet when Durrett passed away plus a lot of former Rangers have signed stuff but they get new stuff in every day so it's possible he wants to do more than just sign something.

If you want to see what Trout and Pujols contributed as well as other players:

https://twitter.com/DoItForDurrett

http://doitfordurrett.com/

I personally think it's pretty awesome what they are doing. Seeing so many big names from all around the league as well as different sports contribute to this show that this man must have been a pretty great guy and sadly his children will be growing up without a father.