• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Halos showing interest in Joakim Soria

Lux, what holes do we need to fill as of next year. Everyone is either under contract or under club control.

This is why I'm wanting to trade for a starter. We have everyone either under contract or club control like you said. When we traded for Greinke we were chasing correct? We made that trade in hopes it'd get us into a playoff spot.

Right now we're in first in the wildcard but chasing Oakland. Not sure how I feel about Price, but he has experience in pitching in the one game playoff if I remember correctly against Texas. I just think we're a starter and a bullpen arm away from being so complete. The boys have been hitting lately so it's easy to feel this way though.

We trade for a starter and maybe move CJ into the pen as our other lefty with thatch. I know CJ isn't the ideal pen guy due to control issues but maybe if he knows he's only facing a batter or two he'll be alright. But if we could find another bullpen arm like Soria and a starter, wow!

I know it's been reported we aren't looking for starters, but it'd sure suck to see this season go to waste if CJ's injury hangs around all year and we're stuck.

Lux, what holes do we need to fill as of next year. Everyone is either under contract or under club control.

At least one good starter and two good bullpen arms. We have zero safety net if any starters are injured for any length of time.

Grilli and Thatcher are big improvements on Frieri and revolving replacements but that's not enough. They're fairly old and could be expected to decline.

3B and catcher will be weak as well, but those aren't as critical as pitching at this point. The main issue with gutting the farm is very thin injury depth. Our starting 25 will be fine but we will have to stay unusually healthy next season to repeat what we're doing now.

Edited by ScottLux