• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Halos showing interest in Joakim Soria

Why? If the Angels offered them the best package I don't see what difference it would make. 

Yeah, I feel like in a lot of cases GMs probably care less about the idea of trading within their division than people tend to think.

Maybe you're slightly more hesitant if you're talking about a long term asset(of course even then the As and Rangers Gentry/Choice trade flies in the face of that), but when you're talking about a reliever I don't see Jon Daniels turning down the Angels if they make a better offer just to see Soria less often for the rest of a lost season and maybe next season.

Yeah, I feel like in a lot of cases GMs probably care less about the idea of trading within their division than people tend to think.

Maybe you're slightly more hesitant if you're talking about a long term asset(of course even then the As and Rangers Gentry/Choice trade flies in the face of that), but when you're talking about a reliever I don't see Jon Daniels turning down the Angels if they make a better offer just to see Soria less often for the rest of a lost season and maybe next season.

I doubt teams care that much unless the trade partner is in contention against them for the division. The A's traded Green for Callaspo last year when we were out of it. I don't see why the Rangers woudln't be willing make a deal since they're in a down year.

Edited by ScottLux

I assume DiPoto is in Texas with the team this weekend?

I thought about that, even before this report came out....in this age of cell phones and technology, you don't have to be face to face when you're negotiating but sometimes it helps---was it Torii who met Reagins at Del Taco?

Maybe time has changed, what happen to the unwritten rule that never deal within your own division?

Honestly, if a team is afraid to trade a relief pitcher inside their division then they really have no business being a GM and evaluating talent.

If the Rangers were competing this year (or hell, even next year) maybe it would be different...but they aren't. At this point they should be focused on getting the most value they can. Soria's value is in that he has a reasonable deal for next year as well.

I don't think Rangers want to deal with us, he probably go to the Tigers

Honestly, with how the Rangers are playing, I'd think they'd deal with us if it would help them in the long run.

That being said, leave it alone! I think we're fine right where we are. No need to tear up the farm anymore than we have when we're playing great baseball already! 

Honestly, with how the Rangers are playing, I'd think they'd deal with us if it would help them in the long run.

That being said, leave it alone! I think we're fine right where we are. No need to tear up the farm anymore than we have when we're playing great baseball already! 

We're in a very awkward position right now. We are a good team as far as the regular season is concerned but we don't have 2-3 excellent starters nor do we have a lockdown bullpen -- two things that are far more important in the playoffs than position players. With lots of money committed to Wilson, Weaver, Trout, Pujols and Hamilton the next few years our flexibility in free agency (or acquiring expensive players in trades) is low. Our window to win short term is closing but at the same time gutting an already weak farm system could hurt us as soon as next season. 

Lux, what holes do we need to fill as of next year. Everyone is either under contract or under club control.

I agree.

We have the second best record in baseball people! 

If we need to re-examine ourselves at the trade deadline then so be it, but for now, why screw with anything?