• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kole Calhoun

The Freese thread sure delivered today. Dude was hot and laid an egg. Hopefully not even an Angelswin thread jynx can slow KC down!

But seriously, love watching him play. Him and Trout were the only reason why I was still watching games in September last year when we were wayyyyyy out of it.

Keep Cowgill around. He's still a great player off the bench, but his ass is staying there.

Calhoun might just be the hottest hitter in baseball right now.

He seems to like pulling the ball alot though. I'm surprised he hasn't seen a defensive shift yet. Looking at Fangraphs, he puts the ball on the ground to the right side alot. 

It's amazing that our manager continued to use him ONLY vs. righties...until he went on a recent rampage....basically playing like: "I'm an everyday player Skip. I don't like to sit. I'll show you."

It appears that he has...There's no way Scioscia should remove his name from the lead-of spot.

NO-WAY

Finally have a legit lead off hitter and  let Trout be in position to hit in more runs. Those who made a big spectacle of Bourjos leaving for another position to address, oh well. Our outfield is dope now.

Is there one person on this board who wanted Bourjos to play over Calhoun?  Not being sarcastic.  Actually curious.  

Is there one person on this board who wanted Bourjos to play over Calhoun?  Not being sarcastic.  Actually curious.  

I don't know, just remember a lot of crying that we could of gotten more out of a trade. I never thought Bourjos was a player of value on the market, except of utility defender late in games.

I think there were some Bourjos over Calhoun peeps (those Hamilton, Trout, Borjous outfield propositions). I only remember because people wanted Calhoun to be a 4th or DH and then there was a Trumbo/Calhoun debate

Personally, I didn't think Freese would amont to much, maybe a hot streak during the playoffs, but not that Bourjos would be anything.

I think I recall the idea some had was to have Hamilton DH and an outfield of Trout in Left, Bourjos in Center, and Calhoun in Right.

Either way, Calhoun was the one who hit his way into a starting gig last year while Bourjos has only lived up to being the John McDonald of Outfielders.

Edited by Richard

Is there one person on this board who wanted Bourjos to play over Calhoun? Not being sarcastic. Actually curious.

Doc I wanted Bourjos to play WITH Calhoun and move Hamilton (and Calhoun) in and out of the DH position.

People like to ignore the fact that the Trumbo trade left the DH position opened. So the trade of Bourjos was not designed to get Calhoun playing time. Let's stop the revisionist history.

Is there one person on this board who wanted Bourjos to play over Calhoun? Not being sarcastic. Actually curious.