• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A.J Pierzynski DFA

I always gave AJP the boo bird treatment when he played in Anaheim but that was all in fun.

overall -- I still think the while AJP deal in that Angels playoff game was a heads up play on his part and a very dumb move by our catcher (Paul?) behind the plate.

our catcher played ump -- something players are told never to do -- even if the homeplate ump (another one of our favorites) signaled out --

oh well......that chapter is now deifinitely over.

don't see AJP signing elsewhere -- could be wrong but doubt it.

I don't like A.J., but in reality he merely preyed upon a weak umpire, one who should not ever work a post season game again in any capacity.  In fact, Eddings is in a group of terribly performing umpires that need to be removed ( or sent to the minor leagues like struggling players.  Yeah, the union, I know.):  Eddings, Kerwin Danley, Joe West, CB Bucknor, Angel Hernandez just to name a few.

Speaking of not ever being involved in a postseason game, why on God's green Earth was Josh Paul even in that game?  He was our third catcher and really not that good at anything.  Ultimately, that is on Mike Scioscia.  For being such an "expert" on catchers, he sure has made some very questioinable deciscions with them over the years.

I don't like A.J., but in reality he merely preyed upon a weak umpire, one who should not ever work a post season game again in any capacity. In fact, Eddings is in a group of terribly performing umpires that need to be removed ( or sent to the minor leagues like struggling players. Yeah, the union, I know.): Eddings, Kerwin Danley, Joe West, CB Bucknor, Angel Hernandez just to name a few.

Speaking of not ever being involved in a postseason game, why on God's green Earth was Josh Paul even in that game? He was our third catcher and really not that good at anything. Ultimately, that is on Mike Scioscia. For being such an "expert" on catchers, he sure has made some very questioinable deciscions with them over the years.

Paul was catching because Jose Molina had been lifted for a pinch runner (DaVavon) after leading off the top of the 8th with a single Edited by Lou

Yadier Molina goes down for 8 to 12 weeks.

AJP a possibility there?

The Cards suddenly need a veteran, experienced catcher.

probably better alternatives out there --- Yadier to AJP a significant drop.

Well before AJP's incident vs. the Halos in the playoff game, he was the SF Giants catcher for ONE year --  his reputation with the SF Giants pitching staff was terrible......the pitching staff did not like him at all.......not sure if the starting staff of the other teams he played for after that felt any differently.......where was he before SF? Minnesota???  anyway, at both of those places, he wasn't not the favorite of the pitching staffs..........that alone may eliminate him as a possibility in St. Louis.

Cardinals are really going feel the loss of Yadier.........he's pretty much carried the team this year (and in the past).

• 3 weeks later...

Yadier Molina goes down for 8 to 12 weeks.

AJP a possibility there?

The Cards suddenly need a veteran, experienced catcher.

probably better alternatives out there --- Yadier to AJP a significant drop.

Well before AJP's incident vs. the Halos in the playoff game, he was the SF Giants catcher for ONE year --  his reputation with the SF Giants pitching staff was terrible......the pitching staff did not like him at all.......not sure if the starting staff of the other teams he played for after that felt any differently.......where was he before SF? Minnesota???  anyway, at both of those places, he wasn't not the favorite of the pitching staffs..........that alone may eliminate him as a possibility in St. Louis.

Cardinals are really going feel the loss of Yadier.........he's pretty much carried the team this year (and in the past).

Good call. Is he going to get cut from both defending league champs in the same season?

St, Louis signs him and he gets three hits today.......

I don't think he's really a good fit in St. Louis but they need a veteran catcher who's been there, done that to fill in while Yadier's out.

AJP is a gamer -- he's a tough competitor -- so that's very St. Louis like -- but where Yadier gets along really well with his pitching staff and makes them better pitchers -- AJP has never really had a smooth working relationship with his pitchers -- when he was with SF, I think the pitching staff (and a pretty good one at that) ran him out of town......they couldn't work with him.

But St, Louis -- after winning a few games right after Molina went down, promptly began to see what it was going to look like without Yadier (losing streak and suddenly 3 games back and in THIRD PLACE) and I think they took a second look at AJP and said 'why not?'