• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Fundraiser-In-Chief: Hola Texas!

From a June 16, 2012, CNN article. I forgot all about this pre-election surprise. I hunch Obama's policy change has come home to roost. Gotta get dat latino vote at any cost!

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/15/politics/immigration/

I don't get the problem. If this wasn't popular he wouldn't be getting dat latino vote. So you are basically saying that Latinos should view issues the same way you do and if they don't then no one should cater to their desires.

Just to be clear, we are referring to US citizens. Hence, the vote. I don't think it is stupid to listen to the desires of the base. It'd be stupid to ignore them.

I don't get the problem. If this wasn't popular he wouldn't be getting dat latino vote. So you are basically saying that Latinos should view issues the same way you do and if they don't then no one should cater to their desires.

Just to be clear, we are referring to US citizens. Hence, the vote. I don't think it is stupid to listen to the desires of the base. It'd be stupid to ignore them.

It's not like the latino vote is going anywhere.  They will vote for the party who promises free stuff.  They'll never vote Republican.

The illegal immigration policy change was popular with latinos.  The policy change occured while Obama was running for president.  I'd prefer my president cater to the desires of the citizens of this country.  I don't care how latinos view these issues.  I'm more concerned that the president sold out the rights of American citizens in order to pander to a particular voting block.

And to be clear, we are not referring to US citizens.  The article involves a policy change for non-citizens.   Both you and the president do not think it's stupid to listen to the base, nor do I.  Where we seem to differ is that I would not cater to the base at the risk of skirting the sovereignty we citizens have a constitutional right to.

For Obama, catering to the base is appearantly more important than obeying the law.

Disagree heavily. Latinos as a whole are more conservative than liberal. They just aren't Republicans because Republicans work against a lot of the things they stand for.

I'd say they are socially in line with Republicans, but are far apart fiscally.  True, Republicans work against alot of the things latinos stand for but it's not a distinctly latino/Republican divide.  It's a general philosophical divide which the DNC, Pelosi, Reid, et al have done an excellent job in reshaping as a "Republicans hate latinos" theme.  Congratulations to them for that.  They have done good work and it can be seen on these boards daily.

Note:  DR is not a Republican.  So I'm not defending the GOP.

I won't be dragged down to your level with the name calling so I'll just leave you with this:

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2012/11/07/latino-voters-in-the-2012-election/

Another gap was evident among Latino voters when viewed by income. Among Latino voters whose total family income is below $50,000, 82% voted for Obama while 17% voted for Romney. Among Latino voters with family incomes of $50,000 or more, 59% voted for Obama while 39% voted for Romney.

Edited by Jay

I'd prefer my president cater to the desires of the citizens of this country. I don't care how latinos view these issues.

WTF

I'm more concerned that the president sold out the rights of American citizens in order to pander to a particular voting block.

What block is that? The block that doesn't want to send all the Latinos "back home"? That's a pretty popular block now.

Fact is, if the President alienated so many US citizens with his policy change then he wouldn't have been elected again. For an example of that see: Bush, George H. W.

There is nothing that made people vote for Obama. They preferred what he said more than the other guy. Most of what he said was bullshit that he had no intention of doing. This is one of the few things that he actually went through with. You're acting as if America hated this and he did it anyway. He won votes based off his policy. Real votes. From US citizens.

No word yet on how many may have been Latinos imitating US citizens. Fukcing impostors.

It's not like the latino vote is going anywhere.  They will vote for the party who promises free stuff.  They'll never vote Republican.

This is just not true. Latino voters tend to have conservative values, and far more Latinos identify as "conservative" rather than "liberal".

I won't be dragged down to your level with the name calling so I'll just leave you with this:

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2012/11/07/latino-voters-in-the-2012-election/

Another gap was evident among Latino voters when viewed by income. Among Latino voters whose total family income is below $50,000, 82% voted for Obama while 17% voted for Romney. Among Latino voters with family incomes of $50,000 or more, 59% voted for Obama while 39% voted for Romney.

I don't think this means what you seem to think it means.