• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hypothetic Trade Ideas

A trade for Cliff Lee is entirely dependent on how much of his remaining salary we would have to pay for.

If the Yankees are truly out... some have speculated Lee would never play in New York ... Then maybe.

The Yankees were the other finalist for Shark and Hammels. That is why the Athletics added Addison Russell to the deal.

The Yankees are completely desperate for SPs --especially LHSP

A trade for Cliff Lee is entirely dependent on how much of his remaining salary we would have to pay for.

If the Yankees are truly out... some have speculated Lee would never play in New York ... Then maybe.

The Yankees were the other finalist for Shark and Hammels. That is why the Athletics added Addison Russell to the deal.

The Yankees are completely desperate for SPs --especially LHSP

I hope the yankees empty out an already crappy farm system to acquire a pitcher that won't put them over the top

I just don't feel like you are going to steal a SP away from anyone.  There are probably a bunch of teams that could take on some extra salary for a short period and there are so many teams looking for starters.   

I think the halos are done adding for this year.  The cost will be too high and we have to keep what we have unless an amazing opportunity presents itself, but I don't think it will.  

Im kind of an advocate for Lee. His elbow scares me. Hes old.

But he would be a great addition IMO. At worst, adding a second weaver probably. The reason I keep focusing on him is exactly because of his contract. We HAVE money...its depth we need to be cheap about parting with.

That said, I think a lot depends on if we target one of the big name SP's this winter (sherz, cueto, etc).

As far as price, with the recent beckett injury, I know think the dodgers will be all in.....and in a way, good. If they lose pederson in that deal, the closer they become to the yankees in 2015/6

I just don't feel like you are going to steal a SP away from anyone. There are probably a bunch of teams that could take on some extra salary for a short period and there are so many teams looking for starters.

I think the halos are done adding for this year. The cost will be too high and we have to keep what we have unless an amazing opportunity presents itself, but I don't think it will.

I don't think they're done. Dipoto has been saying they're still looking to add another reliever.