• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hypothetic Trade Ideas

I know weve been talking about it for a bit, about making a move for street or another SP. Am still interested in opinions there (colon!).

But who does anyone here think might be moved for said piece? Im not as versed as far as the minors as some of you, who are some of the names who should be kept absolutely vs who could be dealt and bring someone better back?

Ive heard teams are snooping about cron, but I also hear hes very well liked by the upstairs people. But if he or say calhoun (I know I know) were the centerpiece to land an impact piece in return (no one in particular, just theoretic), would we all sh*t ourselves and riot? Or would one of those guys be worth flipping for a front end pitcher?

second base is about all we got for position prospects.  Other than that we have pitchers.  We need to hang onto as many of them as possible.  We need to hang onto Cowart for 3B future and Rondon for SS.  We don't have too much behind either of those guys.  There was a hope that Stamets might develop but he has been awful at the plate in the Texas League.  He has value though because his fielding is supposed to be spectacular.....but his terrible bat may have decrease some value.  

I think our minor league trading pieces are

- Lindsay or Yarbrough

- Stamets

- Pitchers (no clue on who, JD will just have to label who he views as untouchable)

Edited by Stevestevens

I'd love to get Price for the mere fact I'm worried about our starting pitching. It looks like we're going to be playing in October and I don't know if our starters can go that many innings seeing how the majority of them haven't pitched that deep into a season before. Last thing we need is our rotation to run out of gas mid-Sept

With that said, I don't think it's possible to get Price and keep our major league roster intact. So I think we're going to have to roll the dice on what we have and try to get another reliever.

After the Samardzija trade, I'm not sure we have enough fire power to deal for Price.  I think a small move for another RP (not a street fan, maybe Benoit, James Russell from Cubs) is about it.  But the Weaver injury, even if minor, is a bit concerning.  We are relying a lot on our current SP staying healthy and Shoe not regressing.

It's a better option than trading Calhoun. Without Kole I would have nothing to post on here regarding "foolish platoons"

Kind of different topic, but does anyone think bedrock can clear his head and come back and contribute this year, maybe negating the need to make another bullpen move?

Edited by stormngt

I have a problem dealing for a guy like Price.  With the new one game playoff for a wild card, I just have a hard time making a move like that for possibly one game and he might not even play in that one game.  We are going to make the playoffs so we are not making this trade to get into the playoffs.  It is either to win the division or advance in the postseason in a 5 or 7 game series.  

We need to get that division crown.  I don't want a one game playoff against King Felix or Tanaka.  I hope KC or Toronto grabs the other wild card spot.  

Price would cost far too much, I think. I'd love to have him, but I'm guessing whatever the Angels are willing to give up for him another team can match easily without really depleting their system.

I say, trade for another reliever or two and really solidify the pen, thus taking the pressure off the rotation to go 7+ innings every night.

When I saw Cowart play in Orem for a year I was not that impressed.  The guy had zero gap power the other way.  I know he was only 19 but he just could not do things with the bat that other players have done in Orem.

Having said that, you kind of have to hang onto him because we really have no one at 3B.  

Price would cost far too much, I think. I'd love to have him, but I'm guessing whatever the Angels are willing to give up for him another team can match easily without really depleting their system.

I say, trade for another reliever or two and really solidify the pen, thus taking the pressure off the rotation to go 7+ innings every night.

Agree.

The thing about making a move for price (or someone similar) and having it come apart based on the one game playoff is a solid point, if we were to lose. That said, I think passing oakland almost requires us to get another arm to insure against injury or shoemaker turning into a pumpkin.

Also, say the playoffs started today...is anyone warm and fuzzy with weavers back (though it doesnt sound serious) and cj's recent adventures? Weve been winning, yes. But id prefer (if its in the budget) to pair richards up with another horse.

Doesnt have to be price, or another ace type. But a solid 2 would be a huge lift. A 'good' cj so to speak

....Doesnt have to be price, or another ace type. But a solid 2 would be a huge lift. A 'good' cj so to speak

Not sure there is anybody out there who fits that description, at least not right now....maybe somebody becomes available as we get closer to the 31st....

You guys are all well versed with our major leaguers so I won't get into those. But we have some minor leaguers worth holding onto and worth trading.

Worth trading: Lindsey. We have 2B depth, he's a good 2B but Yarbrough should be equally as valuable, Green can be special someday and Kendrick's a cornerstone under contract for another year.

Stamets. He's a great defensive shortstop. But he hasn't been able to consistently hit or take advantage of his outstanding speed. Guys like that are a dime a dozen. I like him though, he has the tools to be very good. Also, Rondon is the real deal.

Do NOT trade: Yarbrough, Cowart, Rondon or young pitching. Yarbrough's trade value isn't as high as Lindsey's because he's a level lower, doesn't have the same discipline and isn't a former 1st rounder. But in the major leagyes Yarbrough may be just as good if not better. Trading him wouldn't get us fair value. Cowart's value is too low right now anyway, you don't trade guys with upside at their lowest value. Rondon has everything it takes to be a major league SS, he just needs a couple more years of development.