• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Say What You Will About Scioscia...

but he sure knows how to manage an NL-style game:

• Offensive Substitution: Pinch-runner Andrew Romine replaces Albert Pujols.
    • Bottom 11
    • Defensive switch from center field to left field for Mike Trout.
    • Andrew Romine remains in the game as the third baseman.
    • Defensive switch from left field to first base for Mark Trumbo.
    • Pitching Change: Mark Lowe replaces Scott Downs, batting 7th, replacing third baseman Alberto Callaspo.
    • Defensive Substitution: Peter Bourjos replaces pitcher Scott Downs, batting 9th, playing center field.

I agree! 

The next member who posts a FIRE SCIOSCIA thread within the next month gets a 24-hour ban. 

LOL  I think leaving Lowe in for a second inning was huge. I have always liked Lowe's moxie on the mound and his stuff. That heat, and those nasty breaking pitches were masterfully used. I have to give credit to Mike Butcher as well. It looks like Ernesto is gaining confidence with new pitches.

The sacrifice bunt ordered for Kendrick in the 7th was a bad decision. Give up an out with your 8 and 9 hitters up next is curious at best.

Not with Mr GIDP up to bat. I was honestly concerned Howie was going kill that rally and he almost got a hit if not for a fantastic defensive play by Cueto.

That is the problem with rating a manager's moves.  It is too subjective to determine if it was a good move or bad move.

The bunt by HK, I don't think, was a bad decision. I mean, you have to have confidence that your players can get that run in from third with less than 2 outs. Otherwise, there no sense in ever bunting unless your Trout or Bourjos.

Why can't we just enjoy the game. Scoiscia is one of the best managers in the game and the Angels are fortunate to have him. Trying to understand his every decision is crazy. Scioscia does a good job of putting the right players in to succeed but it's up to the players to perform when given the opportunity.

Not with Mr GIDP up to bat. I was honestly concerned Howie was going kill that rally and he almost got a hit if not for a fantastic defensive play by Cueto.

I don't mind the GIDP king bunting with two on in late innings in a pitching duel when value of a run or two is elevated. I do have a problem with Aybar bunting to advance trout early in the game.

I've always said Sosh is an entirely different manager against NL teams, hence he should manage a team in the NL.

Why the Dodgers haven't offered Arte a shit-ton of money to buy him is beyond me.   Mike is very good and it would be a coup for him to return as manager.  

Then we could go and offer half as much to TB to get Maddon back.   But maybe we don't have the guys that Maddon have that are fun and exciting.  

I don't see Pujols laughing off a hot foot or any other antics.   Not sure about Hamilton either.

Our main joker and smiley face was Hunter, and now he's off in Detroit.

I agree! 

The next member who posts a FIRE SCIOSCIA thread within the next month gets a 24-hour ban. 

Haha! I think you'll be handing out a few tickets for this one!

I thoughts yesterday's game was one of the better managed games of his career.... but that might be because I missed most of it. :-) Didn't over manage anything, by the end of the game he was taking advantage of the moves he had made earlier, rather than being burned by them.