• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When Will You See...Evil Dead (2013)

When Will You See...  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Evil Dead (2013)

• Theaters
    • DVD/Cable/Etc.
    • Never

If it was just regular critics giving it good reviews, I'd agree with you, but it is hardcore horror critics giving it great reviews too.

Fangoria, Bloody-Disgusting.com, Horror.com, DreadCentral.com, FearNet.com and so on and are saying this movie is great.

If it was just regular critics giving it good reviews, I'd agree with you, but it is hardcore horror critics giving it great reviews too.

Fangoria, Bloody-Disgusting.com, Horror.com, DreadCentral.com, FearNet.com and so on and are saying this movie is great.

I trust them probably even less ESPECIALLY coming out of a festival setting. Those sites are very eager to love something and back it after midnight showing at festivals. I've heard and read some very mediocre reviews from horror fans not from those sites not very impressed with the movie. I'm hoping it's good, but I'll be more excited if Evil Dead 4 ever ends up happening.

I trust them probably even less ESPECIALLY coming out of a festival setting. Those sites are very eager to love something and back it after midnight showing at festivals. I've heard and read some very mediocre reviews from horror fans not from those sites not very impressed with the movie. I'm hoping it's good, but I'll be more excited if Evil Dead 4 ever ends up happening.

I have to say, the sites I posted have been historically accurate as far as I have ever seen.  This is especially true when it comes to remakes.  They have slammed almost every single one made.  I trust their reviews when it comes to this.

I'm kind of just going by a lot of sites and positive buzz coming out for movies out of horror festivals like V/H/S, American Mary, ABCs of Death, Kill List etc...

I usually have a few people I follow on websites like Letterboxd and read individual reviews positive and negative. A lot of the positive reviews seem to mostly mention how "brutal" the movie is and most of the people who I actually follow seem to fall on the more mediocre side. I'm still likely to check it out in theaters as I'm curious and hope its good but I wasn't a fan of the trailer at all. I just re-watched all three of the originals so I'm definitely in the mood to go check it out.

I also have never been a fan of giving the job to this movie to Fede Alvarez. He got because of his 5 minute short film he made a few years ago called Panic Attack, which had cool effects but I thought was pretty bad overall. Then again, Sam Raimi was only 20 or 21 when he made the first Evil Dead as  a new filmmaker, so who knows.

Evil Dead II is my personal favorite of the trilogy, though I love all three. There's not much actual horror in it in my opinion, but instead a lot physical comedy and some slapstick humor. Sam Raimi's direction and camera techniques are awesome and critical to each of the Evil Dead movies. Something I felt was kind of lost in the Spiderman movies outside of in part 2 with Doc Ock which had a pretty big Evil Dead vibe in some of his scenes.

Evil Dead II is my personal favorite of the trilogy, though I love all three. There's not much actual horror in it in my opinion, but instead a lot physical comedy and some slapstick humor. Sam Raimi's direction and camera techniques are awesome and critical to each of the Evil Dead movies. Something I felt was kind of lost in the Spiderman movies outside of in part 2 with Doc Ock which had a pretty big Evil Dead vibe in some of his scenes.

I love Evil Dead II also, Sam!  

The reviews I've seen for the remake say there is no "Ash" character in it... But there is also buzz about bringing back "Ash" to complete/re-connect the two stories (of Evil Dead/Army of Darkness).

I've talked to Bruce at a horror movie convention before about a 4th Evil Dead movie and he said that he and Raimi really don't want to do it.  However, he said the pressure from the fans is really intense and they may someday decide to do it to close everything up.  He then said, then again - we may not.

Remaking Evil Dead as a true horror film makes creating the Evil Dead 4 sequel that much harder. The fanbase for the original Evil Dead series was about Ash and his bungling antics. So the logical next move is Ash hands down the chainsaw and boom stick to a protege but fans are still going to want some of the side humor and not so much horror as the new remake.

In recent interviews with Raimi, he said he really wants to do it and is currently working on the script with the help of his brother I believe. Not sure if it will end up happening but he's now behind it according to him.

That is something Bruce said they say in interviews for the fans.  They tell the fans what they want to hear, but that they don't really want to.

That said, I'm sure if some studio offered them a big budget, they'd give it a go.

Remaking Evil Dead as a true horror film makes creating the Evil Dead 4 sequel that much harder. The fanbase for the original Evil Dead series was about Ash and his bungling antics. So the logical next move is Ash hands down the chainsaw and boom stick to a protege but fans are still going to want some of the side humor and not so much horror as the new remake.

Excellent points.  I would add if this new Evil Dead is a hit at the box-office, (industry open weekend predictions have it 26-30 million), the studio will prefer to make a new Evil Dead II then to go back to the original trilogy.