• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

USC hires Andy Enfield

As far as PR goes, USC hits it out of the park with this hire.  As far as coaching?  I don't think anyone knows.  His team certainly brought it to the tournament this year.  I think he only has something like 70 games of coaching experience.  Could be a home run and it could be a total bust.  Either way, cool hire for USC.  At least he isn't a scum bag like Alford.

I don't know what to think about this hire.  The fast pace should play well, but SC has traditionally lacked in support for the bball team.  Troubling that he has no ties to the West Coast in terms of recruiting.  We'll see if he was a flash in the pan, or if he can build a program

He built well enough to take a team to the NCAA Tournament and take out Georgetown. Most of the kids on his team were older than the school they played for. He got a lot out of the guys he had, which will come in handy at USC, especially early on. Smart move on his part, to take advantage when his stock will probably never be higher.

Cmon, Enfield can't go wrong.  If he sucks he gets paid for a few years and moves on.  If he keeps moving up then he is at a university that can keep increasing his pay.  He just needs to hire a big time recruiter that knows Cali.  Hopefully UCLA can grab Keating before SC does.

This doesn't work as well as you'd like it to in the context of this thread.

Also, no. We don't have a football team. However, our rugby and quidditch squads are top notch.

You're rugby team is legit along with softball (serious) i follow softball my gf played

You're rugby team is legit along with softball (serious) i follow softball my gf played

Yeah. Outside of football, Cal is one of the best overall for athletics. It's maddening that we blew it when the window was wide open for us in football.

It'd be really nice to see the WBB team win it all. They've been remarkable and their story is quite wonderful.

Hey!  Keep the Cal Rugby talk to the Cal Rugby thread! 

SC hires SDSU's Tony Bland.  Guess that "solves" the West Coast recruiting problem...

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/apr/10/sdsu-basketball-tony-bland-usc-accepts/

Agreed. Let's keep talk of anything remotely championship related out of this thread. We do it with the Cal Football thread and we'll do it with this one, too.

• 1 year later...

I will be interested to see how former USC player (and former Gatorade California HS POTY in 2013) Roschon Prince does at LB State starting in his soph season in 2015-16. 

Enfield tried to make him a PF, but at 6-6, 220 and very athletic, he is ideally a SF as he will be at LB.