• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia is Foolish for Platooning Calhoun and Cowgill

ABC

Why is it when the Angels are on a roll people still think that rolling out complaints about the lineup card is relevant?

So you think Scioscia is perfect when the Angels win?

You're totally right. He is the reason why the Angels have been having a great season /s

No he is not infallable. Pitching Frieri at closer was stupid. Continuing to play Ibanez is certainly stupid. Pujols batting third is fair agument.

Playing Cowgill who is having a good year against lefties over Calhoun and the team wins. Is stupid to complain about.

I don't think know many really get the issue. I Do think Think anyone argues for Cowgill to play over Calhoun. I certainly don't. I just think it is exceptionally stupid to complain about it non stop. The team is winning. So the team so the platoon does not hurt. Calhoun is kicking ass so he is not hurt by it. Cowgill is playing well. I have said it 100 times the only logical reason to complain is because people worry about their fantasy teams.

So because the Angels have a good record Scioscia is infallible?

Cowgill was on a tear too. He's only recently had a bad run. No problem with Scioscia riding him against lefties to this point. Hopefully Calhoun gets most of the ABs vs lefties moving forward

Doesn't mean Scioscia is required to bench Calhoun.

Last I checked, there are 4 positions he can play when you include the DH.

Hell DH Calhoun when Cowgill plays every now and then.

You think it's stupid because it's true and you don't want to admit it. It is the only argument that make sense.

give me an argument why we shouldnt?

Are we losing because of it?

Is Calhoun struggling because of it?

Is Cowgill playing poorly?

You can't give one good reason why other than Kole is a better player. Which would be a good argument if we were losing and/or Kole is struggling but neither is a case. So if my argument is so stupid please give me an argument on why it is "foolish" to use the platoon. You don't have one. So best explanation unless you give me a better one is the fantasy league argument.

And this is still the dumbest argument ever made.

You think it's stupid because it's true and you don't want to admit it. It is the only argument that make sense.

You can't give one good reason why other than Kole is a better player. Which would be a good argument if we were losing and/or Kole is struggling but neither is a case. So if my argument is so stupid please give me an argument on why it is "foolish" to use the platoon. You don't have one. So best explanation unless you give me a better one is the fantasy league argument.

You are delusional. 

I can't tell if you're trolling or just intentionally obstinate (& obtuse) about everything.  

re: your babble: ITS NOT LOGICAL. 

Edited by failos

I can't tell if you're trolling or just intentionally obstinate (& obtuse) about everything.

re: your babble: ITS NOT LOGICAL.

Actually, for once, everything Storm posted was on topic but it seems you are too obtuse to respond. Instead you've resorted to attacking the person and not responding to what he wrote.

Try and do better.

Edited by Eric Notti

it's the only argument that makes sense? I mean, other than the fact that you have 0 evidence to prove it. Oh and the fact that Calhoun is a much better player. Has that even crossed your mind once?

We have the 2nd best record in baseball despite Ibanez getting regular at bats longer than he should have, Pujols batting 3rd longer than he should have, and Frieri closing longer than he should have. The team is winning in spite of poor decisions. This does not absolve those decisions or automatically mean they are "good". That's just a silly argument.

It's funny, if Calhoun WAS struggling you would say that is good reason for Cowgill to platoon. Calhoun isn't struggling because he is a great player and deserves to be in the lineup most nights. It's pretty self explanatory.

Well, he's batting .228 in his last 5 games, while Kole is batting .471 in his, so there's that sample size.

That's the only reason that needs to be given! Are you insane? Kole is the better player and gives the team the best possible lineup every night he is there. It's really that simple. And yes, that is a much better reason than one that you literally pulled out of your ass and have 0 evidence for.

Also I literally just wrote a short article on why I was FINE with Cowgill getting starts. So I'm not sure why you think that because I think your argument is stupid that I think it's foolish to platoon. You even used the word "foolish" in quotation marks like I actually said that. Your argument is stupid because it literally has no evidence based on anything but something you have pulled out of thin air. I have no problem with Cowgill getting starts, but I know why people don't like it. It's really not that difficult to figure out.