• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Great white shark bites man off Manhattan Beach

Okay, now who actually DOES this?!

"Beachgoers sometimes paddle out and record the predators circling in the water underneath their boards, posting the encounters to YouTube. Wildlife officials have asked them to be more careful. Sharks will attack if they feel threatened, and the oblong silhouette of a paddle boarder or surfer can be mistaken for their primary prey, seals and sea lions."

WTH is wrong with people?!?!

Edited by fan_since79

"Beachgoers sometimes paddle out and record the predators circling in the water underneath their boards, posting the encounters to YouTube. Wildlife officials have asked them to be more careful. Sharks will attack if they feel threatened, and the oblong silhouette of a paddle boarder or surfer can be mistaken for their primary prey, seals and sea lions."

Idiots who haven't see the videos of great whites launching themselves out of the water to kill seals.

some people just have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

The real idiots are the fishermen on the pier who didn't cut the line when they realized they hooked a great white. They fought it for 45 minutes before it finally bit someone. You've got to give it up for the assholes laughing while the attack was taking place as well. It's amazing how dumb people are. Idiocracy has come to fruition.

The real idiots are the fishermen on the pier who didn't cut the line when they realized they hooked a great white. They fought it for 45 minutes before it finally bit someone. You've got to give it up for the assholes laughing while the attack was taking place as well. It's amazing how dumb people are. Idiocracy has come to fruition.

I really hate humanity sometimes. You can hear the poor person screaming and it's obviously not your run of the mill scream. It's has guttural sound to it. But let's laugh while it's happening.

I really hate humanity sometimes. You can hear the poor person screaming and it's obviously not your run of the mill scream. It's has guttural sound to it. But let's laugh while it's happening.

What's even worse is they were trying to rationalize what had happened as the dude was just scared.

st1ckboy will do anything to increase his YouTube following.

I was just on the Manhattan pier a couple of days ago and there is no fishing allowed on the pier. Hermosa to the south has a lot of fishermen on it. Was he fishing from shore?

Also there is a small aquarium for kids at the end of Manhattan pier and there is a fiberglass shark with his mouth open.

I just read an article from the LA Times explaining what happened in detail and why the no fishing sign was there when I went there.

Manhattan Beach ponders fishing rules in wake of shark bite incident

That guy sounds like a douche.  Oh, my posts in a shark hunting forum were all in jest.  And yet he already caught and dragged a shark to a different pier.  

While I have not fished in years since I was a kid, and this is including pier fishing, what caught my attention right away from that video was the gear they were using isn't what you would expect for "recreational" fishing.  

IMO, what they should do is either one of two things.  Ban fishing when the temperature gets above 72 degrees.  In other words, when the beach is getting filled with people, and you have people flopping around in the surf, then it's a no fishing zone.  Which still opens the pier up for fishing at night and early mornings on those hot days.  Or, make an ordinance that poles may be no longer than 6 feet, and tackle may be no stronger than 6 lbs.