• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Burlington Bees Prospects

Chuck

Slim pickings. from our top 50 prospects list. 

12 sherman johnson
21 wade hinkle
31 reid scroggins
40 wendell soto
45 arjenis fernandez
49 andrew ray

Other notables (potentially running out of time)
chevy clarke
cam bedrosian

The good news is, we have Seth Dorn who is going to be our Midwest League rep for scouting, reporting and pictures. 

I'm really high on Sherman Johnson and I'm glad they moved him over to 2B. Could be our future 2B to replace Howie Kendrick. 

The Angels sure have a lot of 2B options on their hands in the minors.  Johnson will battle with Yarbrough and Lindsey for a spot at 2B.  I like them all as prospects though.  Johnson has a good build that actually reminds me quite a bit of Kendrick, even if the rest of his game is different. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bedrosian is finally pitching in a role that suits him, as a reliever.  It's rather silly we chose to draft a high school RP in the 1st round, but it is what it is.  He should end up being a pretty solid middle reliever eventually.   

Kyle Johnson has actually been pretty impressive so far (according to the numbers).  He hasn't been caught stealing in his professional career yet.  I'd love to get a close look at him. 

As for Clarke, he's swinging with more consistency at the plate, he's definitely above average on defense and has an intriguing power and speed combination.  The problem is, he's still swinging and missing too much and isn't walking enough.  Comparing his K/BB rate to last year, and so far there's really no progression at all.  The Angels whiffed on this selection undoubtedly, but I think a lot of teams would've done the same.  When you see a player with his build and natural raw talent you take a chance on him.  I think my biggest issue would be that players like Clarke, you don't gamble on until the mid-rounds, like the Angels did with Peter Bourjos and Travis Witherspoon.  You don't spend a 1st round selection on guys like that unless much like Trout, there's a scout willing to put his entire livelihood on the line that this kid will be a success. 

Kyle Johnson has actually been pretty impressive so far (according to the numbers).  He hasn't been caught stealing in his professional career yet.  I'd love to get a close look at him. 

Meet Kyle Johnson.