• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GDT 7/3/14 Astros @ Angels

Of the regular players..

Freese 1st worst, then Pujols 2nd worst

How many regular players are there? I count 6 or 7. 

Trout, Hamilton, Kendrick, Aybar, Cron, Freese? Calhoun should be, though Cowgill needs playing time, too. 

Aybar, Kendrick, and Freese all are having worse offensive seasons than Albert. 

That leaves:

Trout, Hamilton, and Cron. 

Cron is a rookie, and though I'd like to see him batting higher than 7th, I don't think the 3 hole is appropriate for him. 

So we have Trout and Hamilton, who are batting 2nd and 4th, respectively. 

I'd like to see a everyday line up of:

Calhoun

Trout

Hamilton

Pujols

Aybar

Kendrick

Freese

Conger

Though the current line up is scoring plenty of runs, and I appreciate the recent consistency of the line up, to be honest. (With the exception of the Calhoun/Cowgil platoon which I believe is over-done)

If Albert weren't making all this money and didn't have outstanding career numbers, then chances are he wouldn't be batting 3rd and not directly behind Our Savior. But to say that he is the second worst regular hitter on the team is disingenuous, IMO. 

Edited by Troutstanding

Pujols should be the one being platooned, and Calhoun should be switching between RF and 1st., but instead..

The 2nd worst hitter on the team plays every day and hits 3rd.

Make total baseball sense.

He's got better career numbers than Calhoun. That trumps everything.

What he's doing (or not) this year is irrelevant to Scioscia. Three-spot, baby! Future Hall of Famer!!

Edited by fan_since79

How many regular players are there? I count 6 or 7. 

Trout, Hamilton, Kendrick, Aybar, Cron, Freese? Calhoun should be, though Cowgill needs playing time, too. 

Aybar, Kendrick, and Freese all are having worse offensive seasons than Albert. 

That leaves:

Trout, Hamilton, and Cron. 

Cron is a rookie, and though I'd like to see him batting higher than 7th, I don't think the 3 hole is appropriate for him. 

So we have Trout and Hamilton, who are batting 2nd and 4th, respectively. 

I'd like to see a everyday line up of:

Calhoun

Trout

Hamilton

Pujols

Aybar

Kendrick

Freese

Conger

Though the current line up is scoring plenty of runs, and I appreciate the recent consistency of the line up, to be honest. (With the exception of the Calhoun/Cowgil platoon which I believe is over-done)

If Albert weren't making all this money and didn't have outstanding career numbers, then chances are he wouldn't be batting 3rd and not directly behind Our Savior. But to say that he is the second worst regular hitter on the team is disingenuous, IMO. 

Totally agree, good anlaysis.

The pujols batting 3rd is another issue but I mean it's nothing we don't see from other teams with players making big $$$. They invested a ton in these guys so they'll continue to get the benefit of the doubt.

the Calhoun thing is just frustrating though. It made sense early on when Cowgill was hitting well and Calhoun was trying to get into a groove after returning from the DL. Now though, it doesn't make much sense. Calhoun's been one of the hottest hitters in baseball since June. Cowgill has been excellent as the teams 4th OFer, and he'll get his starts, but he shouldn't be starting vs every single lefty anymore. Facing a stud lefty like Sale, Price, Lester, etc....yeah I can get that, but it just looks like over-managing on Sosh's part when he's conceding a better bat just for the righty/lefty matchup with the likes of Brett Oberholtzer on the mound.

Not to mention Calhoun has been a terrific lead off hitter these past couple weeks where we've been getting hot thanks to him finding ways to get on base, steal, and score early in the game.

Why you'd want to take the bat out of his hands is just plain dumb.