• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Colon actually marks for an exclamation point.

For Colon:

Santiago (as the compensation), and 1 or 2 prospects, depending the on the grades, perhaps?  But that's beside my question, Lou, before you speak for AngelsnRamsFan.   

I'll put names out there considered to be in the group myself then, damn it!     

For Colon:

Santiago (as the compensation), and 1 or 2 prospects, depending the on the grades, perhaps?  But that's beside my question, Lou, before you speak for AngelsnRamsFan.   

I'll put names out there considered to be in the group myself then, damn it!     

no way in hell i would do that deal. Santiago?  Are you kidding me?

Why on earth would we deal a young starter PLUS prospects for an old guy who is still owed

almost $15 million thru the end of next season ?

btw, Colon has a  5.06 era and 1.34 whip away from Citi Field.

Santiago has a chip on a trade for Colon? Are you hoping the Angels implode or something? Are you a closet A's fan?

Lou: The Brewers and Nats set Gallardo's (2009) and Strausberg's (2011) at 180 IP, allowing them to go over it upon the final start. Skaggs will probably be there, too, if he continues to pitch fairly deep into the games with each outing. Shoemaker came on later but if he performs the same way, there's that watch for him, too.

Di Poto's moved on Thacker to replace Burnett. It looks like their stashing Santiago away as starting rotation backup reinforcement now, but that's a risk with passing up for the better reinforcement on the market now.

Thus, for Colon or someone else, Santiago might actually chip as part of a trade.

As per Bruins Cron comment, I heard somilar last night from someone who kind of knows their stuff. No idea how serious any talks are, they may have already ended. But that does make a bit of sense, and actually favors us slightly (whereas we have no arms to trade, we have offense).

Im not saying it would be wise to do that trade, but green could in fact step in to the DH spot and that almost fixes two problems.

I will say this....as much as im against some big move for a guy like price who could bounce in a year (and would prefer to fix the pen), I do like price as our game 1 guy better than what we have right now. Love richards, love weav for his rep.....but id feel better with price.

Eric:

In 2012, Shoemaker threw 176.2 in AAA and 13, 184.1

That's encouraging, I'll give you that, but he's still a rookie and that workload doesn't insinuate for the majors.  We'll see though, great stuff, but will it hold crisp over the long haul? 

Trade deadline approaching, probably best to insure against it.   

Shoemaker might even end up traded to the circumstances here.         

i love this post. LOVE IT!

This bargain group compared to Colon involves vets on non-contending or present fringe teams that have put together 175+ IP of recent seasons as to who the Halos might consider to go after, assumed as might be available

Kyle Kendrick, Ian Kennedy, Jorge De La Rosa, Charlie Morton, Scott Feldman, Kevin Correia, John Danks.

Even though Colon is 41 y\o and been tarnished, none of them compare to him in terms of the Halos temporary need upon THIS season.  

Correia interests me the most out the group by his heart and grit if they don't consider Colon but, I wouldn't want that other team to get Colon if in the AL at the same time.

I was dead on about Beanes intentions for his starting pitching staff, though.

This bargain group compared to Colon involves vets on non-contending or present fringe teams that have put together 175+ IP of recent seasons as to who the Halos might consider to go after, assumed as might be available

Kyle Kendrick, Ian Kennedy, Jorge De La Rosa, Charlie Morton, Scott Feldman, Kevin Correia, John Danks.

Even though Colon is 41 y\o and been tarnished, none of them compare to him in terms of the Halos temporary need upon THIS season.  

Correia interests me the most out the group by his heart and grit if they don't consider Colon but, I wouldn't want that other team to get Colon if in the AL at the same time.

I was dead on about Beanes intentions for his starting pitching staff, though.

colon is 41 and has done terribly against the AL this year. why the burning desire to get him? what makes him a difference maker?

If forgot to add Jeremy Guthrie to the list as possibly available, too. 

Is the 6-man rotation comfortable?  Ray Knight got fired from the Reds for it. 

Gubby himself said Saturday night, Eric, for the same concern that I alluded too already that may emerge between Skaggs and Shoemaker.  They've logged minor league innings, but this is the majors.  Mota then added for bringing on the 6-man rotation possibly against that, perhaps between Skaggs, Shoemaker, and Santiago for the bottom end. 

I just made it up, too, didn't I, Lou?!  All of those exchanges with me wasted, care to continue? 

Di Poto will be confronted with the burning question by trade deadline, whether to go with the 6-man or to get the bargain vet that has logged in for the desirable, lower rotation season IP.  Because, with Price or any of the other top available, they're too far out of the position to trade for them.        

Protect the rotation with 2 rookies out there now.

SP may not be bigger then RP now, I'll give anyone that, but it is down the line over Skaggs and Shoemaker. Skaggs is on a season IP pitch limit, and if Shoemake endures, he's on that watch as well. Are they not rookies? So, if the Halos don't protect the rotation but the bullpen about their moves, then how uneasy will it feel later and into the post season without Skaggs and possibly Shoemaker.

Ok, precious, I've been patient of you throughout this entire conversation...

THIS is what u actually said. You didn't allude to anything. You stated it as a fact.

Now show everyone where anyone from the organization said they are on a pitch count and what that pitch count is.

In fact, let's make a little wager. You name the amount and I will give you 10:1 odds.

You have til noon tomorrow.

Kisses...

Edited by Lou