• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Colon actually marks for an exclamation point.

What's your point, Lou?  There's no truth therefore no reason?  So where does that put you? 

my point is there's no truth therefore there is no reason for you to state it as fact.

it puts me (and everyone else) where i know you just make things up.  Not sure why you

would want to do that but don't get defensive when you're called out on it.

Ok?

Eric:

In 2012, Shoemaker threw 176.2 in AAA and 13, 184.1

That's encouraging, I'll give you that, but he's still a rookie and that workload doesn't insinuate for the majors.  We'll see though, great stuff, but will it hold crisp over the long haul? 

Trade deadline approaching, probably best to insure against it.   

Shoemaker might even end up traded to the circumstances here.         

Eric:

In 2012, Shoemaker threw 176.2 in AAA and 13, 184.1

That's encouraging, I'll give you that, but he's still a rookie and that workload doesn't insinuate for the majors.  We'll see though, great stuff, but will it hold crisp over the long haul? 

Trade deadline approaching, probably best to insure against it.   

Shoemaker might even end up traded to the circumstances here.         

I used to follow the Circumstances till they traded their best player away.  

Oh that's a bingo, AngelsnRamsFan, I've asked that of a few people already, not to name names, please tell who is the better bargain starting pitcher to go after over Colon? 

Price doesn't count because he's too expensive.  Colon fits in with the group, though, because he's 41 y/o and has had a tarnished recent history over PED suspension,

Give me some names and we'll compare, care too?     

Mea culpa, I too wrote Colon off along time ago, and since then he's amazed, served a suspension, and amazing, still, despite the age. 

His IP per game, command, and pitch efficiency are UNDENIABLY attractive.  Someone will reap the reward getting the man, and I much rather that be the Halos.   

Oh that's a bingo, AngelsnRamsFan, I've asked that of a few people already, not to name names, please tell who is the better bargain starting pitcher to go after over Colon? 

Price doesn't count because he's too expensive.  Colon fits in with the group, though, because he's 41 y/o and has had a tarnished recent history over PED suspension,

Let me try this again....

In order for us to compare "bargains" we have to know what Colon would cost us.  At that point we can procede as to who may (or may not) be a better bargain.  Tell us what you think it will cost to get Colon and then people can offer up suggestions as to who might be a better bargain. 

It's like asking what's a better deal than a used 2005 Honda Accord.  Well, it would all depend on the cost of that vehicle. If it's $35,000 then probably anything else would be.  If it's $5  then probably nothing.  

We need a reference point in order to answer your question.

Edited by Lou

So we take on Colon because he is the best bargain?  There are much better guys available then Colon, but we don't have the trade pieces available to pick any of them up.  So we just say screw it and go with Colon despite a much deeper hole in the bullpen?  Or maybe we don't waste whatever it would take to pick up the guy who is way over the hill, has posted a 7.71 ERA against AL hitting this year, and with our luck will take a dive and be much less effective then Shoemaker/Santiago.  Maybe we just use those pieces to fill the real need we have.  Maybe actually get a legit closer?

So I have a question for you guys who know a bit more about about our minor league system then I do.  It also may be a stupid question so I'm not going to make a whole thread about it.  Say the Angels did really want to try to get Price.  Would there be any possibility of a three way trade?  Like sending CJ somewhere for some trade pieces that could go to the Rays along with an extra piece from the Angels?  Or would that not really work?  Once again, I'm not incredibly familiar with the minor leagues.  I know a bit about the Angels and pretty much nothing outside of that.  I know we are not adding to our SP depth by doing this, but we would clearly be strengthening it.  I really wouldn't trust CJ in the playoffs.  He hasn't done well in the past and the way he looks this year doesn't give me any hopes for a turn around. Price, Weaver, Richards would be an awesome 1-2-3 in the playoffs. I know this is kind of a pie-in-the-sky idea, but I thought I would ask those who may know more then I do on the subject.  Any opinions on this?

Edited by AngelsFanSince86

So I have a question for you guys who know a bit more about about our minor league system then I do.  It also may be a stupid question so I'm not going to make a whole thread about it.  Say the Angels did really want to try to get Price.  Would there be any possibility of a three way trade?  Like sending CJ somewhere for some trade pieces that could go to the Rays along with an extra piece from the Angels?  Or would that not really work?  Once again, I'm not incredibly familiar with the minor leagues.  I know a bit about the Angels and pretty much nothing outside of that.  I know we are not adding to our SP depth by doing this, but we would clearly be strengthening it.  I really wouldn't trust CJ in the playoffs.  He hasn't done well in the past and the way he looks this year doesn't give me any hopes for a turn around. Price, Weaver, Richards would be an awesome 1-2-3 in the playoffs. I know this is kind of a pie-in-the-sky idea, but I thought I would ask those who may know more then I do on the subject.  Any opinions on this?

Who would want CJ?  He's owed a total of $39 million for the next 2 seasons.

As you said, you wouldn't trust CJ in the playoffs.  Do you think other teams would?

You're boring me, Lou, with your technical appeals.  Relatively speaking, you can compare bargain names available to Colon.  It's not like the Mets can demand a boatload of prospects like the Rays can with Price or like the A's already did for Samardzija and Hammel. 

There are names out there to compare him with, you're just resisting. 

Who would want CJ?  He's owed a total of $39 million for the next 2 seasons.

As you said, you wouldn't trust CJ in the playoffs.  Do you think other teams would?

Yeah, I guess not.  I just thought since he is still a solid rotation guy that a team might be willing to give up some talent for him, but I guess the only teams who would be buyers would be those actually trying to contend in the playoffs.  I mean, the biggest problem is his contract.  He's going through a slump, but overall he's been much more effective as a SP then almost every pitcher thats been available this season, including Samardzija and Hammel, and could still prove to have a better year then either of them. Maybe a team that doesn't quite have all the pieces for a Price trade, but is looking for a solid starter and has the money to spend?  The Giants maybe??  This is really far-fetched, I know, but thought I would pose the question.  If this were possible and Cron had to be thrown in, would it even be worth it?

What i have read is that TB wants a young, middle of the order power bat (plus more) in return.

That most likely means Cron in our case.

Oh no you didn't say Cron! No Cron for you! 

I hope those are Dipoto's words

You're boring me, Lou, with your technical appeals.  Relatively speaking, you can compare bargain names available to Colon.  It's not like the Mets can demand a boatload of prospects like the Rays can with Price or like the A's already did for Samardzija and Hammel. 

There are names out there to compare him with, you're just resisting. 

so what will it take to get Colon?  you're resisiting