• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Colon actually marks for an exclamation point.

I don't see much bashing. You have your reason for not liking the idea while other people have theirs, myself included.

I wasn't referring to bashing the Colon trade idea, that obviously needs a little bashing. I was curious as to the need to razz the OP on his/her writing skills. You were one of the few who didn't, which by the way doesn't bode well for your a**hole status. Maybe I read much of this thread incorrectly. Never mind.  

I'm about to make quite a stellar point here.

Inevitably, they're facing of needing another reinforcement is why. I believe Skaggs can hold up and keep it going, great stuff, but I'm sure the front office have him to a season max IP limit like the Nats did with Strasburg, too. And, it's uncertain whether Shoemaker will hold up, although he's doing well now. I look over at the A's Billy Beane and what he's facing with Jessie Chavez comparing him to Shoemaker. By their patterns, I'm moving to protect against it, and fear that he might be moving on Colon, himself. So, block him off and get him first, at this point.

Wilson, Richards, Weaver, Colon, Skaggs

Do it, in a hearbeat, have Skaggs pitch at 5 that he's pitched to his season IP limit there.

we don't have the resources to go after a pitcher to just to block him from another team especially when we need to use whatever resources we have to get some relief pitching.  Just like three years ago we should have chased chase, now we need to close on closers. 

we don't have the resources to go after a pitcher to just to block him from another team especially when we need to use whatever resources we have to get some relief pitching.  Just like three years ago we should have chased chase, now we need to close on closers.

I'll gamble on the relief pitching at hand and take Colon over it, thank you.

I have been an angel fan since I was six. The first time I root for the angels to lose would be if Colon takes the mound. The guy us an embarrassment.

That said it is far more likely the bullpen blows up before our rotation. Solve that problem please. Four years of a blow pen is enough.

On 7/3/2014 at 12:30 PM, HaloRed16 said:

Inevitably, they're facing of needing another reinforcement is why. I believe Skaggs can hold up and keep it going, great stuff, but I'm sure the front office have him to a season max IP limit like the Nats did with Strasburg, too. And, it's uncertain whether Shoemaker will hold up, although he's doing well now. I look over at the A's Billy Beane and what he's facing with Jessie Chavez comparing him to Shoemaker. By their patterns, I'm moving to protect against it, and fear that he might be moving on Colon, himself. So, block him off and get him first, at this point.

Do it, in a hearbeat, have Skaggs pitch at 5 that he's pitched to his season IP limit there.

Edited by stormngt

Also, if we're blocking from a team like the A's, it's not like the A's starting pitching is struggling and Colon would be a huge improvement over what they right now. If anything, Colon could possibly hurt their rotation, same could go for the Mariners who are also getting great starting pitching. Same goes for another team like the Tigers if you're thinking outside the division, who have either quality starting pitching (Anibal Sanchez, Scherzer and Porcello) or pitching that they won't give up on at all no matter how much they struggle (Verlander).

I'll gamble on the relief pitching at hand and take Colon over it, thank you.

if you want to get colon that's fine, it's your opinion and there's nothing wrong with it, but if you would do it at the expense of improving the bullpen as is, then your opinion is wrong. the bullpen is BY FAR the most glaring weakness on this team.

Edited by ukyah

I have been an angel fan sick I was six. The first time I root for the angels to lose would be if Colin takes the mound. The guy us an embarrassment.

giphy.gif

Compared to Price, Samardjia, or even Shields...how can you say I don't have an idea?

You didn't answer my question.

btw, when u do, can u please use either English or Spanish?

Edited by Lou

...Relatively speaking, compared to Price, Samardjia, or Shields their trade prices are significantly higher then Colon since Colon is 41 y/o and viewed as somewhat of a damaged good by recent history.  The Mets bought him upon speculation to sell him off, though, and the contenders are looking at him as quite the bargain to go after.  He's the best one out there and theirs no denying that.  Just about all the contenders look to better position themselves upon their rotations, including the Angels that I've already made a strong point over. 

Starting pitching is a bigger concern than the bullpen.,      

i'm about to make quite a stellar point here. starting pitching is not a bigger concern than bullpen for the angels. relief pitching is also easier to acquire in terms of prospect cost. the angels do have the prospects to acquire a relief pitcher they do not have the prospects to acquire a starting pitcher of any note.