• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Colon actually marks for an exclamation point.

It would mean just that if the Halos acquired him at this point.  Oakland expected to fall, just getting swept by Detroit, while the Halos with a lineup just scratching at this surface of bolstering their rotation behind the best bargain, at this point.  Jump on it, Jerry!! 

Edited by HaloRed16

My suggestion is odd, I know, he's tested positive already, 41 y/o, but he pitched here and he's EFFECTIVE, still. 

I think you answered your own question, he is 41 and with a zillion miles on that arm.  Unless he's going back to Europe for a bionic arm, I wouldn't touch him.

Suppose the Halos balk at going after Colon while any of the other contenders needing starting pitching go after this bargain.  Has that team bettered themselves for the stretch run?  Definitely, so why should the Halos back down from the opportunity?

stormngt, on 03 Jul 2014 - 06:22 AM, said:

Forgetting the fact that Colon pitching is an insult to mlb baseball.

what the hell is wrong with our rotation? I can see maybe adding an ace (which we can't do because of.lack of prospects) but a back end rotation piece? We need a closer.

I'm about to make quite a stellar point here.

Inevitably, they're facing of needing another reinforcement is why. I believe Skaggs can hold up and keep it going, great stuff, but I'm sure the front office have him to a season max IP limit like the Nats did with Strasburg, too. And, it's uncertain whether Shoemaker will hold up, although he's doing well now. I look over at the A's Billy Beane and what he's facing with Jessie Chavez comparing him to Shoemaker. By their patterns, I'm moving to protect against it, and fear that he might be moving on Colon, himself. So, block him off and get him first, at this point.

Wilson, Richards, Weaver, Colon, Skaggs

Do it, in a hearbeat, have Skaggs pitch at 5 that he's pitched to his season IP limit there.

Edited by HaloRed16

I don't get the bashing. His trade question seems like a legitimate one.

I'd say no to Colon, and not just because of his age, past medical history, or past team history. There are a few other reasons as well. He is just not worth the risk.