• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Seattle is 1.5 GB from the Angels...

I'm not sure what to make of the Mariners, but they're creeping up on the Angels (They beat the Asstros today).

Normally I wouldn't care, but the Angels are pretty horrible against Seattle (and we're playing them ~10 more times).

What do you guys make of it?

Edited by failos

I'm not sure what to make of the Mariners, but they're creeping up on the Angels (They beat the Asstros today).

Normally I wouldn't care, but the Angels are pretty horrible against Seattle (and we're playing them ~10 more times).

What do you guys make of it?

Nothing

...that they're having a better season than years past, and so are the angels.

in all seriousness, if the angels can get two serious relief arms, or maybe even just one, then they'll take care of business. i still think the A's are the best team in the division, and i hate one game wildcard playoffs, but it is such as it is.

Right now it's looking like us and them in the wildcard game. King Felix. Oh joy.

what would be interesting is that there's a good chance they'd have to burn Felix in one of the last games of the season in order to get into that WC game, so who knows if he'd even be available.  Although the alternative could be Iwakuma, who owns the Angels.

I am amused by everyone that assumes that the wild card teams will be able to use their respective aces in the one game playoff.  King Felix and Weaver may pitch on the last day of the season and be unavailable.  It is hard for me to assume that the wild card races will be so settled that any team can hold back their ace for the one game playoff.

The Mariners are for real. They actually have a better run differential than the Angels now, and with that pitching, they aren't going away.

They already have a great rotation, and Walker is going to get better. Paxton is coming back sometime also.

Run differential is nice, but looking deeper gives you an even better picture of how teams have performed.  

The Mariners are 8th in runs scored, but they are 12th in BA, 15th in OBP, and 8th in SLG.  Looks worse than it really is because they play in a pitcher's park, but they are still scoring more runs than they should   They've done better with runners on and runners In scoring position.  3rd and 1st in the AL in SLG in those situations.  

When you consider underlying factors in run differential... and opponents faced... the Angels have arguably been 3 or 4 wins better than the Mariners to this point.  May not stay that way... I agree that the Mariners are legit.