• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

They're still bad

They already are the 3rd toughest team to beat in the AL. Plus the Angels pen is better than what Detroit is putting out there. It just so happens the toughest team in the AL is also in the West.

That toughest team is the team they would be facing in the ALDS if they make it. Why worry about Detroit and their pen? Worry about the A's and theirs

We need two more pen arms. Although it of course won't happen, I'd love to see:

Street

Benoit

Smith

Jeppy

Morin

Grilli

Sally

Street and Benoit? That won't happen but one of them may be realistic. Get one of those and the pen is improved.

And I am starting to get on board with the idea of acquiring another starter. Weaver and Wilson have been mostly mediocre (with ERA+ of 106 and 96, respectively), and while I like Santiago, Shoemaker and Skaggs, I'd like a more proven arm added.

I think it will be two relievers and no starters. I just think the cost for a starter better than what we currently have will be incredibly expensive talent wise. As for relievers, if you get two good ones, one of them being really good, it shortens games or allows you to get back into games when you're down a couple.

I think it will be two relievers and no starters. I just think the cost for a starter better than what we currently have will be incredibly expensive talent wise. As for relievers, if you get two good ones, one of them being really good, it shortens games or allows you to get back into games when you're down a couple.

Not sure we have the pieces to get 2 quality relievers, unless you trade an established guy.....one but not two....not sure there is a starter out there that we can get in the conversation about, at least the good ones---Price, Samardzija....not sure I want to give up a good prospect for Hammel....I would give up a good prospect for Street....we need at least that piece to win this thing....

Street would really change the pen a ton by himself. It would allow Mike to do with Smith what he wanted to do when he had Frieri. If I was Mike I would use Smith as the bridge to get to the closer but he might be the only guy I bring into the game late with runners on base if we are winning or tied. On nights where he pitches in the 7th to get us out of a jam, Grilli or Jepsen would pitch the 8th.