• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols Should ....

Strike out more.. No joke.

He's always been exceptional in his ability to avoid the strikeout, it's been one of the major reasons for his amazing offensive career. That said, he isn't earning any infield singles these days, and I've just about had it with him grounding into double plays.

I'd like to think he could trade a few more K's for a few more extra base hits, or at least walks... and fewer GIDP.... 

Yeah I hate to say it but right now he really is a useless gaping hole in the lineup.

Never thought I'd prefer him NOT come up to bat, but he's just been awful.

And staring at his dumb home run shots that barely clear the wall are pretty much unnecessary.

Hit one 489 like Trout then MAYBE you can stand there and watch, hot shot.

At this point, hell even a month ago, he should be moved down in the order. If Sosh has any balls at all he'll move him behind Hamilton. He is not benefiting at all hitting front of Hamilton, which almost every hitter should. Move him down, and maybe he'll get it together. Don't, and this is what we can expect for the next 7 seasons.

Pujols would be a perfectly good #4-6 power hitter. 

But I'm sorry, our #3 hitter cannot be batting .250 because salary dictates so. That's not how you win ballgames and I'm personally disappointed in management for continuing to let it happen. 

JD has made so many great moves this year to keep us afloat, and the fact they'd let this stand is appalling. 

Pujols would be a perfectly good #4-6 power hitter. 

But I'm sorry, our #3 hitter cannot be batting .250 because salary dictates so. That's not how you win ballgames and I'm personally disappointed in management for continuing to let it happen. 

JD has made so many great moves this year to keep us afloat, and the fact they'd let this stand is appalling.

I agree. It's complete BS that #5's ego comes before the team. The definition of a primadonna.

As a team the Angels are actually pretty good at avoiding GIDPs, their 59 GIDPs is 22nd in MLB.  With his 3 yesterday, Pujols has nearly a quarter of them (13) and tied for 7th in MLB.  Even outperforming the usual GIDP leader Kendrick (8). 

Trout is now 5th in MLB in walks.  Sure he has a good eye, however, with the GIDP machine hitting 3rd, fewer teams are pitching to Trout in RISP conditions.  In the last 30 games, Trout is 3rd in walks, so his BB rate is going up.  So Trout walks and too often becomes the first out in a Pujols GIDP.  That the team is winning despite Pujols hole in the lineup (and effect on Trout) suggests the Angels would be a better team with Pujols farther down the lineup.  Scioscia AND Pujols BOTH know this.

Edited by 70runner

his OPS is now .770

what a fukin disaster....

he shouldn't be an everyday player, i much rather have cron @ 1b and cowgill DH

Woah woah woah, lets not get carried away here. I've seen enough of Cron's "defense" to make me want to sneak into the Angels' clubhouse and steal his glove. Pujols just needs to be dropped in the order. Maybe that will relieve some pressure and/or maybe spark some anger in Pujols.

Calhoun

Aybar

Trout 

Hamilton 

Pujols

That's what I want 1-5 to be right now. Have to take full advantage of Aybar's current hot streak.

Edited by AngelArcher

I love aybar, but I don't want him anywhere near the top of the lineup

Yeah, I've never like Aybar near the top either. Especially leadoff. I also didn't realize his hot hitting has ended and he's been struggling the last few weeks.

Edited by AngelArcher