• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

First day of International Signing period tomorrow.

Yeah I don't like what the Yankees are doing, but more I simply don't like the way the system is set up for manipulation.  They're going to use their biggest asset to acquire prospect talent, money.  It matters little how much they spend, they already know they're going to pay the penalties, they're just going to sign prospects anyway.  When you have an unlimited supply of money and a farm system in desperate need of a reboot, I guess that's what you do. 

As for the Angels, they've made some good signings in the past few years and with a new facility being built I think it shows a commitment to building a Latin American presence.  Specifically, Arjenis Fernandez, Alfonso Alcantara, Natanael Delgado, Jose Rondon and Ricardo Sanchez have all been signed recently and while Fernandez and sAnchez were the only two with some sort of measurable hype, all have been quite successful. 

There's a bigger budget this year and I think the Angels are looking at making another high profile signing like they did last year. 

It is a bit disturbing though to see all these signings by other clubs.... But sometimes that's the way it goes.

It wouldn't surprise me at this point to see the Angels use what they have (or as someone mentioned above use it as a trade chip) and then do what the Yankees did this year next year.

Whatever.... I hope we get some interesting prospects.

• 3 months later...