• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hundreds of illegal immigrants shipped to Murrieta

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), a component of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), has a continuing and mission critical responsibility for accepting custody of Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) from U.S. Border Patrol and other Federal agencies and transporting these juveniles to Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) shelters located throughout the continental United States. ICE is seeking the services of a responsible vendor that shares the philosophy of treating all UAC with dignity and respect, while adhering to standard operating procedures and policies that allow for an effective, efficient, and incident free transport. 

I don't understand why the U.S. can't secure the boarder. Build a tower every mile or so and staff them with guys with high powered binaculars who can radio down to guys in vehicles on the ground so that anyone seen crossing can be stopped on the spot.

Expensive, perhaps, but a fraction the cost of what we spent on Iraq.

From my experience as a Spanish speaking missionary in the US I can definitively say that the overwhelming majority (99%) of these people are the sweetest, kindest, most hard-working people in this country. They do jobs that nobody else will for a tiny wage and yes, they do pay taxes. All of them.

While I agree that there needs to be order in the immigration process I am disappointed by the harsh generalizations and misinformation that people enter into the debate of this issue.

I have worked with a bunch of Mexican immigrants, most of them illegal. I'd agree that they are very hard-working and mostly law abiding, and most pay taxes (but not all of them do; many don't, and many send a huge portion of their pay back to Mexico).

I also worked with a Mexican guy who was brought here as a minor. Worked his butt off, attended high school here, owned a house, paid taxes, no criminal record, great guy. He was far more "American" than "Mexican" because he had spent most of his life here. Sadly, he is classified the same way as someone who comes here illegally on their own accord, despite the fact that his parents brought him here as a minor.

Point is, this is a complicated used, and unfortunately congress sucks too bad to do anything about it.

I don't understand why the U.S. can't secure the border. Build a tower every mile or so and staff them with guys with high powered binaculars who can radio down to guys in vehicles on the ground so that anyone seen crossing can be stopped on the spot.

Maybe because the powers-that-be really don't want to??

Probably a fraction of the cost of what we spend to keep tens of thousands of troops in Germany, Japan, Korea, etc. It would be nice if this country used it's military for what it was created to do.

The Murrieta protesters have been blocking the buses full of children, so they're being steered instead to Houston, at least for the time being.

I'd like to know how all these kids made the long journey from Central America to Texas unaccompanied by parents or family. Something's wrong with that picture. And what kind of parents would let their young children do that?!

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/California-protests-steer-immigrant-children-to-5598276.php?cmpid=bna

The problem isnt securing the border.. its making the reason to come here moot, no fence or anything is gonna do shit as long as the reward outweighs the risk.

The fix is easy, but noone has the balls to throw away the political capital/// you hammer those that employ them, you do not give them government assisteance, drivers licenses, back accounts etc...  you take away the reason this is happening and the issues becomes moot.
You people want to treat a cold by cutting off your nose... you have to look at the casue, not the symptoms.
The problem isnt hte people coming here.. its the asshats giving them a reason to.

The Murrieta protesters have been blocking the buses full of children, so they're being steered instead to Houston, at least for the time being.

I'd like to know how all these kids made the long journey from Central America to Texas unaccompanied by parents or family. Something's wrong with that picture. And what kind of parents would let their young children do that?!

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/California-protests-steer-immigrant-children-to-5598276.php?cmpid=bna

Desperation makes people do crazy things.

Children in third world countries have to go grow up very fast. The mindset is different there, than compared to here. They aren't pampered little "angels" like the ones that roam the streets of south OC

Desperation makes people do crazy things.

Children in third world countries have to go grow up very fast. The mindset is different there, than compared to here. They aren't pampered little "angels" like the ones that roam the streets of south OC

Yeah, but a good number of these kids are toddlers and very young children. I get the growing up fast part, but not that fast. There's something going on here that's not good. Hazleton, PA has just been notified they're on a drop-off list. Apparently the plan is for these kids to be sent all over the country where they will be integrated into the community somehow.

Where are our so-called "leaders"?? Did they take summer vacation early? I haven't heard a peep from anyone about this other than local officials in the various locations, the numbers of which are now growing.

The problem isnt securing the border.. its making the reason to come here moot, no fence or anything is gonna do shit as long as the reward outweighs the risk.

The fix is easy, but noone has the balls to throw away the political capital/// you hammer those that employ them, you do not give them government assisteance, drivers licenses, back accounts etc...  you take away the reason this is happening and the issues becomes moot.

You people want to treat a cold by cutting off your nose... you have to look at the casue, not the symptoms.

The problem isnt hte people coming here.. its the asshats giving them a reason to.

but no one wants to pay $12 for a tomato. as long as that's true, our country will continue to allow/accept illegal immigrants to to do the work that probably 100% of us don't want to do.

On the local news tonight they mentioned that another busload of children is due in Murietta late tonight. WTH is going on?!?!

Where are these kids going to end up? Who's going to look after them??

This whole thing doesn't make any sense. Is there some horrible war going in in Central America right now that everyone is fleeing from, because I haven't heard anything about it. And how did these children get all the way here on their own from Guatemala, etc??

On the local news tonight they mentioned that another busload of children is due in Murietta late tonight. WTH is going on?!?!

Where are these kids going to end up? Who's going to look after them??

This whole thing doesn't make any sense. Is there some horrible war going in in Central America right now that everyone is fleeing from, because I haven't heard anything about it. And how did these children get all the way here on their own from Guatemala, etc??

No war.

It's Central America