• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hundreds of illegal immigrants shipped to Murrieta

I'd like to know who started the rumor that they would be welcomed with open arms.

Word on the street is that bitch Statue of Liberty started the rumor back in 1883 to the immigrants coming in droves from Europe.

You know, those people that the majority of us came from?

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Edited by TobiasFunke

Word on the street is that bitch Statue of Liberty started the rumor back in 1883 to the immigrants coming in droves from Europe.

Game... Blouses.

Times have changed a lot since 1883 as have the countries immigration policies and for good reason.  My oldest recorded ancestor on my mom's side of the family came before the revolutionary war and was actually a part of it losing a hand.  My dad's side of the family came here legally 50 years ago by going through the immigration process and had they not been able to they would have ended up likely in Australia because they wouldn't have come here illegally.  I don't blame people that want to come here but our tax system and social programs have changed a lot and we can't afford to support the lowest of the low who are told to come here by their own politicians.

Pretty sure lady liberty also meant doing it the legal right way.. not sneaking in with kids.. just sayin. 

Immigrants were coming in by the thousands every month back then pretty much all from Europe so having Ellis Island in New York made sense.

We know immigrants are (trying to) comming here by the thousands from Mexico/Central/South America. If we actually cared about our original immigration principles why don't we attempt to have an Ellis Island type facility somewhere near the border so we gave give people a chance to come here legally?

Insert Blazing Saddles quote:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071230/quotes?item=qt0371697

Again, the pertinent question: how many thousands/millions more can we handle right now, when we can't even provide jobs to our own citizens?

Should we just open the border and allow, say 20 million more people to come in? Thirty million, forty?? You know they'll come. Mexico and much of Central America are basket cases economically and politically.

There are about 15 million people residing in L.A/Orange county. How about doubling that?

We know immigrants are (trying to) comming here by the thousands from Mexico/Central/South America. If we actually cared about our original immigration principles why don't we attempt to have an Ellis Island type facility somewhere near the border so we gave give people a chance to come here legally?

I'd be fine with that and I'm sure most others would too but it's a moot point until the feds actually lock down the border.  Poor people from other countries aren't going to try and go through legal means when they have no money and no skills and they know that if they can make it across illegally there's opportunities and taxpayer money they can take advantage of.  

I'd be fine with that and I'm sure most others would too but it's a moot point until the feds actually lock down the border.  Poor people from other countries aren't going to try and go through legal means when they have no money and no skills and they know that if they can make it across illegally there's opportunities and taxpayer money they can take advantage of.  

And the catch-22.

The border is never going to be locked down while there is so much pressure being applied to it due to the widely accepted failures of the legal immigration system.

The legal immigration system is never going to be fixed until people are satisfied that the border is secure.

I feel bad for the kids that are ending up at the border but this entire situation epitomizes why nothing seems to get done on the immigration front.  There isn't going to be overwhelming support for amnesty or some giant overhaul when people keep ending up here illegally and the feds don't do their job.  A few decades ago they gave amnesty which was supposed to be a one time deal and yet here we are again.  We need to get our own house in order and take care of our own and let other countries handle their own problems.  

as a nation, we've frequently stepped up and helped during humanitarian crises, and i don't think i know anyone who's had an issue with that. but this isn't a crisis situation that is going on right now. 

there has to be some kind of balance between handing out so many benefits without requiring those who receive them to contribute a fair amount. our state politicians are morons when it comes to finding a balance, and our federal gov't are idiots by continuing to do so very little to fix the system.

Poor people from other countries aren't going to try and go through legal means when they have no money and no skills

Well there's the rub. We want people to go about doing things the right way but we don't have a system set up to allow people to do it the right way.

And the catch-22.

The border is never going to be locked down while there is so much pressure being applied to it due to the widely accepted failures of the legal immigration system.

The legal immigration system is never going to be fixed until people are satisfied that the border is secure.

Every time we have an amnesty passed there is a provision to first secure the border. That's never done. Does anyone expect a different result this time?

Well there's the rub. We want people to go about doing things the right way but we don't have a system set up to allow people to do it the right way.

Pretty sure there are legal ways to becoming a citizen only it takes time and they aren't legalizing millions every year so that doesn't work for the huddled masses who are told to come here.  I know it isn't easy to get to stay here permanently as I have a cousin who had to leave the country after his wife who had her PHD had her work visa expire.  The person at INS told them she would either have to leave the country or simply walk out the door and not come back.  The system may be broke but it doesn't excuse the actions or in this case the in-action of the feds when it comes to locking down the border.  Our country can't continue to print money and sell debt to finance it's actions and those actions shouldn't involve taking care of non-citizens.  

And the catch-22.

That's a cop out when the fact is our elected officials aren't doing their jobs.  Lock down the border, stop the handouts and don't blame the immigration system.  Two wrong's don't make a right.  

I'm not for billions of people coming to America every day, I just think America has pretty smart people and we can figure something out. Not just say no one is allowed anymore (the fansince solution)

We have smart people and yet we're trillions in debt and have a lot of people who can't find jobs or full time jobs while wages are stagnant.  The U-3 unemployment number has looked better but U-6 is still over 12%.  The problem is that our smart people either aren't the one's making decisions or they're influenced by money.  

I'm not for billions of people coming to America every day, I just think America has pretty smart people and we can figure something out. Not just say no one is allowed anymore (the fansince solution)

I never said "no one is allowed anymore". Not even remotely. Please be honest at least in your criticism.

I just don't want 20/30/40 million more people right now with few jobs available for our own citizens.

The way things are going we'll be seeing those sorts of numbers.

Edited by fan_since79

That's a cop out when the fact is our elected officials aren't doing their jobs.  Lock down the border, stop the handouts and don't blame the immigration system.  Two wrong's don't make a right.  

You make it sound like guarding the almost 2000 miles of continuous border is a simple matter of will. 

our "pretty smart people" continue to not come up with any kind of reasonable action plan. meanwhile, our state is going bankrupt because we continue to financially support millions who come here any way they can. 

this problem is decades old. how much longer until there's a reasonable solution?

I never said "no one is allowed anymore". Not even remotely. Please be honest at least in your criticism.

I just don't want 20/30/40 million more people right now with few jobs available for our own citizens.

The way things are going we'll be seeing those sorts of numbers.

Sorry, I took your comment, "Again, the pertinent question: how many thousands/millions more can we handle right now, when we can't even provide jobs to our own citizens?" and figured you want to close the borders. You don't want the borders closed?

our "pretty smart people" continue to not come up with any kind of reasonable action plan. meanwhile, our state is going bankrupt because we continue to financially support millions who come here any way they can. 

this problem is decades old. how much longer until there's a reasonable solution?

as soon as we clean up that mess in the middle east, we'll get right on it

promise