• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hundreds of illegal immigrants shipped to Murrieta

I think that's everyone's issue

Not really.  Those who want amnesty and/or open borders don't consider the financial implications of what illegal aliens cost this country, this state.  To them, there's a bottomless pit of money to throw at the problem, and if there is a so called budget short fall, well, more taxes for everyone.

Even Obama seems to think there's a bottomless pit of money.  How else to explain his $2 billion request jumping to $3.7 billion in a matter of hours?

the problem isnt the system, its the load.

the system works just fine as it did for my grandfather as it likely did most of yours, but it was not, nor is any other countries, designed to accommodate millions simultaneously.

There is no system thats going to stop the flow as long as the rewards outweigh the ricks, until someone in Washington has the balls to address that, this isnt going away.

And i might add that in my opinion amnesty is the worst answer ever to that problem, its like abolishing prisons due to over crowding, the logic is flawed, if you reward people for breaking the laws more are going to do so,

the problem isnt the system, its the load.

the system works just fine as it did for my grandfather as it likely did most of yours, but it was not, nor is any other countries, designed to accommodate millions simultaneously.

There is no system thats going to stop the flow as long as the rewards outweigh the ricks, until someone in Washington has the balls to address that, this isnt going away.

And i might add that in my opinion amnesty is the worst answer ever to that problem, its like abolishing prisons due to over crowding, the logic is flawed, if you reward people for breaking the laws more are going to do so,

From the 1880s to the 1920s more foreign people came to America every year when measured as a percent to the population than now. Millions. And we were better for it. So the question that I see isn't how do we stop them now but how do we get back to being better for it.

From the 1880s to the 1920s more foreign people came to America every year when measured as a percent to the population than now. Millions. And we were better for it. So the question that I see isn't how do we stop them now but how do we get back to being better for it.

First thing you do is turn off the welfare then see where we're at.

they can once they become legal, or if they have a child in the U.S.

Once they become legal they are, by definition, not illegal. And children born here are U.S. citizens, meaning they're entitled to the same benefits as any other citizen.

Edited by Don Tomlinson

And we need to change the citizenship rules so that people who are in the country illegally cannot simply drop a baby and become de-facto citizens.

Regardless, the promise of government benefits is a big incentive for low- and no-income people to flock to the U.S.

Passing a measure? You mean completely changing the 14th Amendment. Got it.

But isn't the constitution hopelessly outdated and no longer applicable?

Anyway the idea that the citizenship clause could and should be reinterpreted is not uncommon:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/howard-foster/birthright-citizenship_b_1236860.html

But isn't the constitution hopelessly outdated and no longer applicable?

Anyway the idea that the citizenship clause could and should be reinterpreted is not uncommon:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/howard-foster/birthright-citizenship_b_1236860.html

one could argue the consitution is more relevant today than ever before.  the founding fathers ate their wheaties that morning