• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GDT 6/28/2014 Angels @ Royals

Freese can't hit or play defense. He also looks hungover every game, so I'm glad he's in the lineup every day. 

Edited by failos

I see you didn't bother to look at the box score before posting. Welcome to the rain delay.

I'm too busy watching Alex Curry to decipher your non sequitur.

Edited by failos

Uhhhhh... never mind.

Again, not saying who the better pitcher is. I'm saying when Santiago does get it over the plate, no matter how infrequently, he has better swing and miss stuff IMO, though you wouldn't be able to back it up through their SO per 9 stats either.

I'm too busy watching Alex Curry to decipher your non sequitur.

You know, log on, see the gameday thread, fire off a remark that you've probably posted in every game day thread for the last two months. 

Freese had a run scoring single. Maybe you should get out of bed before noon to catch a few innings before blasting a player. 

You know, log on, see the gameday thread, fire off a remark that you've probably posted in every game day thread for the last two months. 

Freese had a run scoring single. Maybe you should get out of bed before noon to catch a few innings before blasting a player. 

Give the guy a break

He's hungover

Again, not saying who the better pitcher is. I'm saying when Santiago does get it over the plate, no matter how infrequently, he has better swing and miss stuff IMO, though you wouldn't be able to back it up through their SO per 9 stats either.

Yeah... well if you can't back it up then where is the difference? 

Wilson has a lower line drive rate and a higher ground ball rate. If you want to go with x-fip Santiago has him there but then again innings pitched has an effect on counting stats. Santiago has spent more time in the bullpen so hitter exposure to multiple at bats could be a factor.

Velocity Santiago is  @1 mph difference in fastball, but we all know velocity is a poor determination of a pitchers strengths.Both use a two and four seam fastball. Santiago does throw a sinkerball which I think is underrated. CJ uses the Slider instead. Both pitchers vary their pitches and don't rely heavily on one singular pitch.

If you look at Oswing both pitchers get batters to chase about 23% of the time. Batters have a higher contact rate on Oswings with Santiago (75%) than CJ (56%) so that kind of ruins your bat missing argument. 

At this point we have a ton of data on Wilson to use but Santiago has never logged a full season as a starter. To blanket state he has better swing and miss stuff but not present the proof it becomes more opinion than fact. 

Yeah... well if you can't back it up then where is the difference?

Wilson has a lower line drive rate and a higher ground ball rate. If you want to go with x-fip Santiago has him there but then again innings pitched has an effect on counting stats. Santiago has spent more time in the bullpen so hitter exposure to multiple at bats could be a factor.

Velocity Santiago is @1 mph difference in fastball, but we all know velocity is a poor determination of a pitchers strengths.Both use a two and four seam fastball. Santiago does throw a sinkerball which I think is underrated. CJ uses the Slider instead. Both pitchers vary their pitches and don't rely heavily on one singular pitch.

If you look at Oswing both pitchers get batters to chase about 23% of the time. Batters have a higher contact rate on Oswings with Santiago (75%) than CJ (56%) so that kind of ruins your bat missing argument.

At this point we have a ton of data on Wilson to use but Santiago has never logged a full season as a starter. To blanket state he has better swing and miss stuff but not present the proof it becomes more opinion than fact.

I agree that some of those stats are because of Hector's demotion. And who knows what the full breakdown of Santiago's stats would be in a full year. Perhaps I worded it wrong but I never meant to make claim that my statement was fact. Maybe my perception is based on Santiago's deception which is better than CJs just by watching the two pitch.

If they can't get this game in, I hope there's a doubleheader tomorrow.

If they don't do that, there is an off-day for both teams on July 28th in the middle of a Royals home stand. We would be on the way to Baltimore that day. That would mean 24 straight days of baseball for this team.

Edited by fan_since79