• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How about Shoemaker as the closer ?

I don't know about Shoemaker as the closer -- and I didn't see tonight's game but Shoemaker's line looked terrible -- after a few very good starts.

but this Grilli deal may allow Shoemaker to go to the pen in a  set up/ pre set up role.

I'd send Kohn back out.

Shoemaker was awful tonight, but I can't see a reason to move him to the pen.

He's shown himself to be a pretty capable starter thusfar, and as long as that's the case he's a lot more valuable in that role than pitching out of the pen.

I say we talk to San Diego regarding bullpen help, and leave Shoemaker right where he is. Tonight was good for the youngster, as It's all a part of his learning curve. Hopefully he learns and moves forward.   

Edited by Jim

I say let's give the Bearded One a couple bad starts before we re-think his future. Remember Richards Oakland start? If we go back to the gameday thread it had been determined the dominance was over.

Chill.

I'd say remember Richards in 2012-13. Minors, starter, bullpen, spot starter. Always had good stuff, just couldn't seem to put it together. Similar case with Shoey, he needs more starts and he's been serviceable in the back end of the rotation.

Except yesterday, Shoemaker as been getting the job done. I see the OP's point about his role after Skaggs comes back. I don't think he's a closer but he may be a good long relief pen option and can always spot start if necessary. It really has nothing to do with yesterday's outing. Everybody is allowed a bad outing.

Interesting stat was shown on yesterday's game.  I don't remember the exact numbers but there was a huge difference in the BAA for Shoemaker between the first and second times through the lineup, as in at least a .120 difference.  I'd expect that most pitchers have some level of difference, but it seemed significant.  

Based on that one piece of info alone, he may indeed have a future in the pen.  

I don't know about Shoemaker as the closer -- and I didn't see tonight's game but Shoemaker's line looked terrible -- after a few very good starts.

but this Grilli deal may allow Shoemaker to go to the pen in a  set up/ pre set up role.

I'd send Kohn back out.

Dude, Grilli is not a SP....your in two threads discussing how he can help the rotation.