• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Skaggs Rehab Start

LAAMike

7R/2ER on 5H and 5Walks with only 2 KO in only 3 innings of 70 pitches is not just getting pitch count up, but I am still more interested in the Board's thoughts about when he might be back in the rotation. 

Skaggs has averaged 15 pitches per inning this season, so 70 in 3 innings is more than usual.  They probably want to see him get closer to the 95 pitches he's thrown on average.

Anyway, as others have said, he's supposed to be back next week sometime.  Nobody has been really clear or said anything concrete to date. This has been said at ESPN and on Twitter last night. News: Skaggs (hamstring) struggled in Thursday's rehab start for Triple-A Salt Lake, and he may get another outing in the minors before rejoining the Angels' rotation, Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports. (Thu Jun 26)

MS was also quoted as saying he was still working on things, MS being MS it's anyone's guess of that means his leg or his performance or the actual pitch count.

how is 45 and 70 the same number, or even close for that matter? i actually just reread your post and maybe you misinterpreted laamike's post? it seems like a strange response reading it again. perhaps i just missed the point.

Edited by ukyah

how is 45 and 70 the same number, or even close for that matter?

Not sure what you are responding to..  I thought LAAMike said he threw 70 pitches yesterday in 3 innings.   The 15 pitch per inning average is what he's done over his starts in the regular season 6.1 IP per start, 12 starts, 76 IP, 94.7 P/PG.....   Did I read his comments wrong -- not sure where this 45 is coming from.

Edit: checked and yeah -- he threw 70 pitches.   

Edited by Inside Pitch

7R/2ER on 5H and 5Walks with only 2 KO in only 3 innings of 70 pitches is not just getting pitch count up, but I am still more interested in the Board's thoughts about when he might be back in the rotation. 

I don't think the stats will deter his return. As long as his velocity is back and he feels healthy, he'll stay on track.