• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How Scott Kazmir came back

An unconventional trainer who runs the Texas Baseball Ranch.

Long read, but interesting.  As Yogi Berra once said, "Ninety per cent of the game is half mental."

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11123695/how-scott-kazmir-came-back-help-unconventional-training-espn-magazine

i'm not saying that he is, but every story i've ever read about "how unconventional training got a guy back to the top" has always ultimately resulted in steroid usage. it's just the manufactured story as an explanation. i'm not saying kazmir is, but that's been the case for me historically.

i'm not saying that he is, but every story i've ever read about "how unconventional training got a guy back to the top" has always ultimately resulted in steroid usage. it's just the manufactured story as an explanation. i'm not saying kazmir is, but that's been the case for me historically.

This.

With the amount of money some MLB players get in their contracts, they could personally hire an army of chemical engineers to come up with their own training regime. Considering testing for new drugs often lags their introduction by several years, my cynical view is nearly all professional athletes are using in some form or another.

Most doping testing schemes test things indirectly for example comparing ratios of hormone levels in the body. At the very least I believe most athletes take supplements to boost their levels *just* up to the borderline of what is considered a negative test. That said, I do believe that the newer testing has made it practically impossible to do ridiculous doping to Barry Bonds levels but there will always be ways to game the system.

Edited by ScottLux

I'm glad they've finally resolved the loose thread about Scott Kazmir.

But I'm still waiting for an explanation about how Professor X came back to life after X-Men The Last Stand.

There was a post-credits scene in the last stand.

He transferred his consciousness into his secret, mentally disabled, twin brother.

No, i'm not kidding.