• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Oakland's new 10 year Lease

LAAMike

Ten years more in O.co Coliseum.  Hard to believe that MLB cannot get the territory rights straightened out so that Oakland can build a new stadium where someone wants to watch them.  Article I read referred to their sewage problems - what a nasty stadium. 

Ten years more in O.co Coliseum.  Hard to believe that MLB cannot get the territory rights straightened out so that Oakland can build a new stadium where someone wants to watch them.  Article I read referred to their sewage problems - what a nasty stadium. 

I kind of think they are a more dangerous team playing where they are.  The seem to relish the underdog role, and everyone keeps under estimating them as a team.  With the expectations low, they can fly under the radar or critical eye.  Lofty expectations can be a heavy burden sometimes.

It's good for me because I can get there easily when the Angels come to town, but bad for the A's. It condemns them to ten more years to 13–15,000 average attendance. The Giants are preventing them from going to San Jose.

A’s lease not a done deal yet

Remember that 10-year O.co Coliseum lease announced last week by the A’s and Major League Baseball?  The one that could complicate the efforts to keep the Raiders in town? 

It’s not official yet.

It’s not official because Alameda County and Oakland officials are at odds over whether to proceed with it.  Oakland’s four representatives to the Joint Powers Authority that oversees the venue skipped a Friday meeting intended to vote on the lease, preventing its adoption.

Let's put it this way. If the BART were to break down and the fans had to hike out of there it could be a reenactment of Black Hawk Down or at the very least Escape From New York.

Boy you aint kiddin. Sad move for the A's.