• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jose Rondon to the Future's Game

eaterfan

That's a really good question, one that's not easily answered.  Given his physical attributes, you'd think he could become a power hitting SS with above average arm and range as well as plate discipline.  But he just hasn't been able to turn on pitches the way I thought he would two years ago.  For now, I'd say he projects to be an everyday big league shortstop, but not a star.  

Someone that plays adequate defense and can be expected to hit .280/.330 with 30 doubles and 15 stolen bases. 

Sounds like an Aybar clone.

Up until this year I would've said you're wrong. Aybar was faster, less patient in the minor leagues with more arm and less power than Rondon. However, the power is manifesting as gap power, the speed has gone from average to above average and the ate discipline has turned into an issue this year.

So yeah, I can see them being somewhat similar.