• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Climbing the wall

Trout has climbed the wall the last two games which makes me cringe a bit. Especially when I see him talk about catching his spikes in the wall.

I believe that Bobby Valentine had his career cut short when he tried to climb the wall in Anaheim.

There used to be a chain (don't remember why) running underneath the padding running parrallel about halfway up the wall.  Valentine's leg hit that while trying to make the play.

Is this a legal move? I thought you were not actually allowed to climb the wall, but instead had to just use the wall as a spring board?

I don't think it's illegal, I've seen highlight plays from games where outfield walls have chain link fences and outfielders climbed up them. Probably so long as some part of the body is in a region that's in play it's legal.

Pete Reiser of the Brooklyn Dodgers used to run into the wall -- didn't work too well at Wrigley where it's brick wall.

Bobby Valentine got his spikes caught in the old chain link fence out there?? Is that what happened?  I just remember him crumpling in CF and was never the same again.  Folks forget, but before he got hurt, Valentine was a pretty good ballplayer........maybe some one can locate and post a link to that play --- I just remember Valentine going down hard. It was ugly.

Pete Reiser of the Brooklyn Dodgers used to run into the wall -- didn't work too well at Wrigley where it's brick wall.

Bobby Valentine got his spikes caught in the old chain link fence out there?? Is that what happened?  I just remember him crumpling in CF and was never the same again.  Folks forget, but before he got hurt, Valentine was a pretty good ballplayer........maybe some one can locate and post a link to that play --- I just remember Valentine going down hard. It was ugly.

All the horrific details here. Thankfully, no photos:

http://www.hardballtimes.com/tht-live/40th-anniversary-bobby-valentine-breaks-his-leg/

Is this a legal move? I thought you were not actually allowed to climb the wall, but instead had to just use the wall as a spring board?

No

EDIT: You cannot set foot in dead ball territory. 

Edited by laagamer

It must be going well for the Angels, we are now nitpicking what Trout does.

grouch alert.

he was obviously bringing the issue up because if trout gets hurt the angels season is over.  i also get very nervous when i see trout climb the wall.  god forbid someone is allowed to speak what's on their minds.

Was at that game game as a lad.