• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Give Grant Green Starts at 3B

ABC

Would love to see it, but if his defense sucks (which I think is the rep), it would hurt more than help.

I was pretty vocal about being against the freese trade, but this is crazy. He almost cant be this bad.

Id almost (almost) be for starting mcdonald over freese. Almost the same bat shitty wise, but at least wed have airtight defense.

Crazy that Freese has one of the better line drive rates in MLB amongst players with more than 100 PAs.

Which is one of the reasons why the bad luck argument can't be completely dismissed.  His Babip is well below his career average, but his K rate is way way up.

Edited by Inside Pitch

As for as third goes I still think our best bet is Lucho at third. The kid is a stud defensively. Freese isn't hitting, so I can't imagine Lucho doing any worse.

I've been wanting them to trade Howie for a couple years now. But Howie made a great play defensively in the 7th. I don't think Green is athletic enough to have made that double play last night.

Right now I think Green is best where they have him. Give Howie the occasional day off and pinch hit here and there. I didn't like having Green pinch hit for Conger however. Ideally I'd like to see him pinch hit for Freese late in games than have Johnny Mac come in and play D.

Right now I think Green is best where they have him. Give Howie the occasional day off and pinch hit here and there. I didn't like having Green pinch hit for Conger however. Ideally I'd like to see him pinch hit for Freese late in games than have Johnny Mac come in and play D.

Green pinch hitting there didn't make any sense. I would rather have Iannetta, who draws lots of walks, batting in a bases loaded no out situation. They should have just brought in Iannetta to bat then had Green pinch run for Cron. That would have saved at least the out at third and possibly resulted in more insurance runs.

What a mess. 

I'm all for Lucho or Cowart.  Freese is garbage, just like most of us thought when the trade was announced.  It blows my mind that Phat Mike had him bat in the clean up spot so many times. 

Fun fact:

This team had three opportunities to sign Adrian Beltre as a free agent.  Texas didn't even really have a need at 3B, but was smart enough to make room for the future Hall of Famer.   

Freese is an absolute disaster. Lucho could put up the same offensive numbers Freese is putting up this year, but he would actually play good defense to balance it out.

As for Green, he can barely play 2nd at a major league level, why the hell does anyone want him to play 3rd? Remember when Trumbo played 3rd for like 2 games and then stopped because he was so bad it was hilarious? I understand the point is to get his bat in the lineup and I agree that is important, but there just isn't a spot for him right now. This is why I think Howie should be aggressively shopped this year for pitching.

Freese is an absolute disaster. Lucho could put up the same offensive numbers Freese is putting up this year, but he would actually play good defense to balance it out.

As for Green, he can barely play 2nd at a major league level, why the hell does anyone want him to play 3rd? Remember when Trumbo played 3rd for like 2 games and then stopped because he was so bad it was hilarious? I understand the point is to get his bat in the lineup and I agree that is important, but there just isn't a spot for him right now. This is why I think Howie should be aggressively shopped this year for pitching.

I find a conflict between these two statements.  There is no way that Green is going to be better than Kendrick defensively and I'm betting that he wouldn't be better offensively either.  You don't do that for pen arms. 

I find a conflict between these two statements.  There is no way that Green is going to be better than Kendrick defensively and I'm betting that he wouldn't be better offensively either.  You don't do that for pen arms. 

Why would you bet that he wouldn't be better offensively? He already is. He's essentially the team's top 2B prospect right now, most just don't see it that way because he is no longer considered a prospect.

He likely won't be better defensively, but I think he will certainly be better with the bat. And if he isn't the difference between him and Howie are negligible. Only Green is younger, cost controlled, and the Angels get some pitching added as well.

Actually I would prefer not to have Ianetta in the game at catcher late.  He is clearly not a good catcher, especially regarding calling and framing pitches.

I would actually prefer that Iannetta rarely ever plays unless it is to give Conger a day off.  He is an awful catcher.