• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LeBron to Opt Out

Lou

Since he opted out I thought he would end up back in Cleveland.  I don't think it is a smoke screen.

Has a mediocre player benefited more by his teammates than Bosh?  I don't understand why teams covet him so much, he is not a star.

I agree on Bosh Nate. He's nothing special and I think Riles views him that way as well. My thinking is Riles is trying to find a way to convince Wade to take a significant pay cut, seeing as how he is broken down and pretty much a part time player at this point. If he can get Wade to agree to that, I think Riley goes to Gasol and asks him to sign at $10M. I don't know the numbers off hand, but I think that gives them enough room for an Ariza type at $7-9M. That might get LeBron to come back to Miami. Otherwise, I think he takes a strong look at Cleveland. Thing is, Cavs need to dump Jarrett Jack's salary in order to give LeBron a max deal.

Bosh is overrated but given that Wade is a shell of his former self it gives him that much more bargaining power with Miami.  That's not to say some other team won't overpay for him but if he ends up in Houston he's option C which makes it easier for him to thrive and hide how overrated he is.  Gasol supposedly wants to go to a team that's competitive so the only way I see him signing in Miami would be after Lebron signs.  At 34 Gasol has something left in the tank but he's not a long term solution and Lebron wanted Miami to make some major changes to keep them competitive going forward.       

Lebron is getting a max deal anywhere he goes.

Heat will be a sad sack of shit with the max deal and other two deals.

My dumb opinion thinks it's odd Bosh (I actually don't think he is overrated. I used to until I saw his career numbers and they are on par with hall of famers) met with Lebron, reportedly, and then the news is him strongly considering the Houston deal......which he wouldn't do unless Lebron said something about not returning. Especially since Bosh has been the most vocal about returning.

The interesting things are the reports of Lebrons wife wanting to be back in Cleveland, his agent pushing him towards Cleveland, and really the roster they have to accomodate Lebron....not to mention little things like the Gilbert article about taking down the Lebron leaving letter, the return stories, and some pretty reliable sources reporting him leaning towards Cleveland.

I do know the big 3 is done in some capacity. It was a nice run, but they don't have enough in the tank to win it all while declining and just cap strapped. Whether Lebron returns and they get new pieces or the other two take some drastic reduced rate and they bring in better pieces. Wade is just soft and can't be counted on.

Jack being traded just means the Cavs can now afford a max contract but I don't think it's an indication of Lebron's decision.  On ESPN the other day they had one of their analysts standing in front of the interactive screen moving free agents to Miami's roster and showing where they would be salary cap wise.  All I could think was that in the end they were over the cap and their roster wasn't much better than it was last year.  Unless Bosh or Wade take a massive pay cut to come back there's just no wiggle room and Wade quite frankly needs to do that or find the fountain of youth.  I think Cleveland's roster is better long term for title runs than anything Miami can put together.  

As far as Bosh goes he's like Pau Gasol - overrated when he's the primary player who can't help his team win a playoff series but perfect when he can be the #2 or 3 on a team.  That's what he would be in Houston so even though 22M a year is overpaying for him if that puts them over the hump and they win a title then it's well worth it.  

Believe it or not Bosh was pretty damn good to at one point being one of the better PF's in the league, making the all NBA 2nd team and being a 9x all star.  Let's take a look at some of the guys making the most in MLB this year per spotrac:

Ryan Howard 25M

Teixeira 23.125M

Pujols 23M 

Mauer 23M

AGon 21.9M

M. Kemp 21.3M

Crawford 21.1M

Werth 20.6M

D. Wright 20M

Beckett 17M

Holliday 17M

All of these players may have been great or very good at one point and some are having good years now but taking into account their total contracts they're overpaid for what they're doing even in MLB terms.  Some of the guys you can easily make the case only had a few good to very good seasons and teams paid them on hopes of a progression of their production and that hasn't happened.

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

If I were Lebron I would stretch this out all summer just to mess with the teams. The reason he isn't making $50 million a year is because of the cap and the "max deal" which no other league has. I would show them the downside to it. None of the big guys will move until Lebron does and none of the teams will either.

If I were Lebron I would stretch this out all summer just to mess with the teams. The reason he isn't making $50 million a year is because of the cap and the "max deal" which no other league has. I would show them the downside to it. None of the big guys will move until Lebron does and none of the teams will either.

Was that long enough?

One reason they have a max deal is because the league was losing hundreds of millions each year before the last CBA.  

Good for Cleveland and Lebron.  He's got little or nothing left to prove but I think this is the best way he could repair his image and move up the list of all time greats if he can bring a title to Cleveland.