• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariners a bat short

We must also keep in mind that they have two young arms that will be rounding out the rotation for the second have that could make them even more dangerous. James Paxton was excellent in his few starts (two against our Angels) and Taijuan Walker, when he regains his form, has ace potential. 

We have the 2nd best run differential in baseball. Largely due to our pitching.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/standings

Felix is the best pitcher in baseball by WAR and no one is that close currently. Iwakuma isn't going to stop being Iwakuma. Our bullpen has been phenomenal ... 2.76 ERA as a whole with Rodney 1 behind the AL leader in saves.

We're pitching this well without Paxton and Walker. Walker is making starts in Tacoma. Don't know much about Paxton's road to recovery.

Paxton or Walker could come up and easily replace Erasmo Ramirez in the pitching rotation and we'd instantly be even better.

Chris Young appears he is back to his Padre wizardry of not allowing solid contact on flyballs. Roenis Elias has been very effective as our #5 starter.

Smoak needs to not get any more opportunities. Logan Morrison needs to get his shot at 1B. Corey Hart needs to stay in Tacoma as long as he needs to regain his swing.

We may not have an offense to "compete with the elite teams in the AL" but we sure do have the pitching.

As an aside, watching the Mariners DESTROY John Lackey and seeing him cursing/huffing&puffing about on the mound was truly a thing of beauty. He is such an unlikeable toad.

Edited by Ender

The Mariners offense sucks. Our pitching is terrible. 

I see two pretty even matched teams. 

EDIT: Both of which will be eternally chasing the A's

Sadly this is true. The A's are too good and Billy Beane has sold his soul to some sort of devil because I don't know how he does it.

Also, what do they say? Pitching wins championships? :)

On a serious note, I don't expect the M's to make the playoffs ... it'd be nice as an M's fan ... but I do enjoy seeing positive progress being made finally.

That's what people say about the A's every year. Angel fans shouldn't be so smug with the M's only 1.5 games back of us.

...I can't believe I'm siding with Troll Daddy.

Why, will it put some weird curse on the actual team?  What bad effect will happen from fans being smug other than irritating other fans?

Why, will it put some weird curse on the actual team?  What bad effect will happen from fans being smug other than irritating other fans?

Potential disappointment? Remember how smug Yankee fans were before the 2002 ALDS?