• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trading Cron and Shoemaker

Cron and Shoemaker, for Papelbon and Domonic Brown.

Brown's having a very disappointing year, but hit 27 HR and drove in 83 runs last year. He's only 26.

Papelbon's been brilliant, and would be a huge lift to this bullpen.

edit: I've modified my view on Shoemaker now that I've had a chance to think things over.

Edited by fan_since79

Cron and Shoemaker, and a prospect, for Papelbon and Domonic Brown.

Brown's having a very disappointing year, but hit 27 HR and drove in 83 runs last year. He's only 26.

Papelbon's been brilliant, and would be a huge lift to this bullpen.

I would punch dipoto in the neck if he made that trade.  

Is this a good time to mention that Papelbon has the same career save percentage as Frieri?

No?

Look at his numbers this year for a sub-par Phillies team. He's also been consistently good throughout his career.

2.36 ERA in 557 games. 4.4 SO/BB ratio.

Edited by fan_since79

Cron and Shoemaker, for Papelbon and Domonic Brown.

Papelbon's been brilliant, and would be a huge lift to this bullpen..

The Phillies are exactly the kind of team I'm referring to but they have fewer prospects than the Angels. I would probably scream bloody murder if they picked up Papelbon. That might accomplish the impossible task of being a worse acquisition than Vernon Wells. Terrible contract, on the wrong side of his career.

Look at his numbers this year for a terrible Phillies team. He's also been consistently good throughout his career.

2.36 ERA in 557 games.

he's been a good closer and has good numbers this year.  yes he's been very good, but he's owed 13mil next year and has a vesting option for 2016 for his age 34 and 35yo seasons.  Nope.  

Plus if you dish Shoe, you weaken one area of the club to improve another for a net zero.  

JD has to find a way to parlay the 2b depth in this org into a pen arm.  

IIRC it was Buster Olney. Regardless, the point was that Howie has a no trade clause.

Not true about the Royals.

Howie has a partial no trade clause. I believe 6 or 8 teams he can put on a list. Maybe the Royals were already on his list and that's what Buster reported. But there was never a trade brought to Howie for his approval.

If a team is on a players no-trade list it doesn't mean he can't be traded there. Just that he has to approve it.