• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Props to the front office!

It took 5 months of barely hitting .150, back to the 2013 ASB for Seattle, to finally jettison Ibanez.

I could see waiting until now, IF Ibanez had a decent post 2013-ASB.

And bring a former MLB reliever sure doesn't translate into knowing how to find them in other orgs. Outside of Smith, Dipoto's track record is crummy.

Edited by Angel Oracle

The organization is going in a more positive direction.  There are plenty of leaders in there.  As for on the field, there' sno role that Raul couldn't have filled that wasn't already more competently occupied.  Everyday DH?  Cron's better.  Replacement corner OF? Cowgill or Navarro.  Replacement 1B?  Cron, Navarro or Calhoun.  Late inning left off the bench?  Navarro. 

It was time for him to go.  Honestly, he never should've been signed in the first place, but much like Vernon Wells, I'll say that he's a classy player and I hope for the best for him. 

I believe when he was signed they didn't have a full evaluation of how much Cron, Green, and Navarro could help the team.  Consequently those three played him out of a job.  Tim Mead covered that yesterday at the FanFest Tailgate.