• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Raul Ibanez Released!

jshep

I really wouldn't mind it if once he is done playing (I'm assuming he wants to see what's out there), they gave him a coaching gig.   Classy dude, who seemed to be really well respected by everyone on the roster.

Agreed, though I'd think if/when he does get into coaching, he'll probably end up with the Mariners

Pure class.  Wish him the best.  Maybe he will be interested in coaching.  Seems like the right type of dude.

edit: here is the image.

BqtcxiZCIAImRp4.jpg

Straight class. Can't blame him for anything.

It was Dipoto and Scioscia who are the ones to blame for keeping him around a month too long.

No one in the front office saw this coming? I think the last thing they remember from Ibanez was that game in Seattle right before the All-Star break where he hit two bombs off of us. After the All-Star break he had 9 RBI's in 200 plate appearances.

Like I said countless times, the best case scenario was what? a .750-.775 OPS? The Angels have plenty of guys around that can put up those numbers. There was no sense in keeping him around as long as they did.

I would've understood if they literally had no other options, but that simply wasn't the case.

Edited by Poozy

I didn't mind the signing. Low risk deal and they could have used another lefty with some pop. Best case scenario was he'd end up being another Trumbo for them, worst case was....well, that's what we got. Cut your losses and move on in the end, which is what they did

probably kept him around a few weeks too long(should have been gone after May tbh), but the team sits at 7 games over .500 and now have improved their DH situation.

Next step, moving on from Frieri as closer, and working a trade to add another good arm to this pen. Bedrosian got his shot and wasn't eady, but they still have RJ Alvarez as another bullet to use, whenever he's healthy.

Edited by bloodbrother

I didn't mind the signing. Low risk deal and they could have used another lefty with some pop. Best case scenario was he'd end up being another Trumbo for them, worst case was....well, that's what we got. Cut your losses and move on in the end, which is what they did

probably kept him around a few weeks too long(should have been gone after May tbh), but the team sits at 7 games over .500 and now have improved their DH situation.

Next step, moving on from Frieri as closer, and working a trade to add another good arm to this pen. Bedrosian got his shot and wasn't eady, but they still have RJ Alvarez as another bullet to use, whenever he's healthy.

But how many games did Ibanez cost us when he should've been cut a month ago?

If they miss the playoffs by a couple of games, this will hurt.

And you guys with your Tombstone "bye" pics and cheering like we just won the World Series are total douchebags.

His playing career may be over but I hope he ends up in the Angels organization in some capacity. Great guy. And that was known before his twitter statement.

no one is talking about how he is as a person.

We're happy because the team is better with him off the roster.

No need for name calling.

What games did he cost us? I really can't name too many. I know this how many you name I bet it's about 1/5th the amount of games the bull pen cost us.

But how many games did Ibanez cost us when he should've been cut a month ago?

If they miss the playoffs by a couple of games, this will hurt.

What games did he cost us? I really can't name too many. I know this how many you name I bet it's about 1/5th the amount of games the bull pen cost us.

It's impossible to pin point games he cost us.

But just look at tonight's game alone.

They don't win tonight's game with Ibanez in the lineup and Cron on the bench.

Edited by Poozy