• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Oakland

I don't think a team with a run differential of 135 has been lucky. A lucky team would have Oakland's record with a much lower run differential. 

But just look at most of their players that are performing well.  They are all career journeyman, nobodies, losers, outcasts.  It seems like every player they get has a career year for them.  

They may not fall off completely, but they will come back to earth at some point.  They arent exactly the 1927 Yankees.

But just look at most of their players that are performing well.  They are all career journeyman, nobodies, losers, outcasts.  It seems like every player they get has a career year for them.  

They may not fall off completely, but they will come back to earth at some point.  They arent exactly the 1927 Yankees.

I don't think any individual players are performing way over expectations. Maybe Norris, but he's young and developing. Lowrie and Reddick are sucking. 

Although, you'd expect the pitching to come down to earth a bit

Edited by Adam

Yeah, this isn't luck anymore. The A's have been hitting a ton of hr's for a few seasons now. Kazmir was good last year, but played behind a complete garbage defense. The move to pitcher friendly Oakland with the improved team defense behind him has led to his ERA plummeting even more. It was a good signing for them

The only real surprise from their pitching has been Jesse Chavez.

They teach patience at the plate and they target pitchers who throw strikes. It's pretty easy actually. Don't give up free runners and get as many free runners as you can get. They did a great job at shoring up their defense this year too. They remind me of the Red Sox from last year without a real ace but the type of team that just seems like it's going to get the job done

They teach patience at the plate and they target pitchers who throw strikes. It's pretty easy actually. Don't give up free runners and get as many free runners as you can get. They did a great job at shoring up their defense this year too. They remind me of the Red Sox from last year without a real ace but the type of team that just seems like it's going to get the job done

That sure beats our swing at junk and nibble at the corners mentality.

This really isn't rocket science you're preaching or the A's for that matter. I'm not sure why you think the Angels don't preach this ... maybe it's because our players don't execute as well as some of the A's players. This could be just a personnel problem and not coaching.